Worn Out New Holland TC30

/ Worn Out New Holland TC30 #1  

kencharba

Tractor
New Holland TC30
Just acquired a worn out New Holland TC30. I'm just checking out what others may have to say about the machine.

/ Worn Out New Holland TC30 #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Worn Out New Holland TC30 #4  
Welcome to TBN From Oklahoma.

Ken

/ Worn Out New Holland TC30 #5  
buying used and notation of worn out machine, i am going to assume you are fairly good at mechanical work. with that said....

new holland website has an "on line parts catalog" with diagrams for parts and part numbers.

it may be worth while to order the "shop manual" for the tractor as well. so you can trace things down, and see extra diagrams of pulling stuff apart and find specs for torquing bolts down, etc...

/ Worn Out New Holland TC30 #6  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the New Holland Owning/Operating Forum.

/ Worn Out New Holland TC30 #7  
My TC 30 was purchased at an auction for $7,000. Only had 600 hours. The three point arms are a cheap arrangement and the impliments always getting into the rear tires. The turn buckles change adjustment constintly. Also the arms don't extend and hooking up is more difficult. I like mine, handy small tractor. I like the manual heater for starting, don't have to wait like my TC 40D for the timer to shut off. In cold weather I use the heaters.

Purchased a log splitter as it has the rear hydrolic connections. That works great, pressure OK but volume low, splits slow, but good power.

/ Worn Out New Holland TC30 #8  
My TC 30 was purchased at an auction for $7,000. Only had 600 hours. The three point arms are a cheap arrangement and the impliments always getting into the rear tires. The turn buckles change adjustment constintly. Also the arms don't extend and hooking up is more difficult. I like mine, handy small tractor. I like the manual heater for starting, don't have to wait like my TC 40D for the timer to shut off. In cold weather I use the heaters.

Purchased a log splitter as it has the rear hydrolic connections. That works great, pressure OK but volume low, splits slow, but good power.

Hope you are open to a couple of suggestions - if not, just ignore.

Three point implements "getting into" the rear tires is often caused by too long of a top link or the lower arms attaching point on the implement at too high of a position on the implement.

Turnbuckles should have a locking-nut on each. These need to be made tight and once done sould not loosen.

On the 40D, you do not have to wait for the timer to shut off. Go ahead and complete the start after whatever time you like or think enough heat has been applied.

/ Worn Out New Holland TC30 #9  
I like the manual heater for starting, don't have to wait like my TC 40D for the timer to shut off. In cold weather I use the heaters.

Jerry, a properly working glowplug cycle on a TC40D is 5 to 7 seconds. I guess some people would complain if you fed them with a silver spoon. . . :p;)

...just givin' you a hard time. I suppose when its very cold out, every second seems like an eternity.:D

/ Worn Out New Holland TC30 #10  
If one nut on each end of your turnbuckles dosen't work, try two nuts on each end. Sounds like possible thread weardown. How many hours on the meter?