Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC30 Hydro 4x4, Gravely Zero Turn Mower

Default Changing Hydraulic Filters

Ok, my dealer is shipping out the two hydraulic filters that I need to change for my 50 hr service. The service schedule does not call for changing the fluid, only the filters. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] So, how am I supposed to change the filters without gallons of hydraulic fluid leaking out during the process ? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    TC35D/16LA

Default Re: Changing Hydraulic Filters

I don't know how the TC30 is plumbed, but I lost about a quart plus what was in the filters when I did mine. If you can, fill the filter with fresh fluid before you screw it on. Keeps air to a minimum in the system. I bought a gallon of hydro-fluid and still have some left.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

<font color="blue"> The service schedule does not call for changing the fluid, only the filters. </font>
    Interesting, my dealer changed the filters and the fluid during the 50 hour service on my TC25D. I don't have my Owner's Manual handy, but I could have sworn that it says the fluid gets changed, too.

Tractor
    2001 New Holland TC40D w/16LA loader

Dunno......

I had my dealer do the 50 hour service plus change the fluid before I bought the thing (had 34 hours) just to be sure/peace of mind.

I just looked at my owner's manual (TC40D) and it says just the filters (HST filter and hydraulic filter). Fluid isnt mentioned until 300 hours. Weird....

Mark

Veteran Member
    Tractor

I did'nt check my manual [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    My dealer told me what was required for 50hr service. I'm sure he will be kicking himself if he realizes he missed the sale of new hydraulic fluid [img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I had my dealer do the 50 hour; the manual on my TC18 doesn't call for hydr. fluid change, and he didn't do it. Since then, I've done the "every 50 hours" check myself @ 100 hours, and am heading for the "every 100 hours" with the oil and filter change @ 150 total hours (I turned 130 this past weekend, not bad for just over 2 months). I've been using it pretty hard, so I'll push the 300 (with the hydr. fluid change) up to 250 hours, then stay on schedule after that, because I expect the hard use to slacken off a bit as we get projects done. We ripped up a portion of an ashpalt driveway on my daughter's property this weekend, because they are reconfiguring for a circular drive.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

1ST hydraulic filter change on my TC25D I almost freeked out while removing the underside (larger filter). I think it was less than couple quarts that needed to be replaced.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Well, so much for my memory [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], while the dealer did replace all the hyd fluid, as well as the 2 hyd filters, at 50 hours (he also did the other std 50 hour service), the Owner's Manual does not call for this.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Maybe, your dealer changed the fluid because its too difficult to change the filters and not have a big mess?

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

<font color="blue">Maybe, your dealer changed the fluid because its too difficult to change the filters and not have a big mess? </font>
    That might be it, particularly since the technician performed the 50 hour service, plus some other items, in my driveway. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Actually, I recall (sure, trust my memory again) asking the tech about it and he said they always change all the fluids at 50 hours. They figure that since the goal is to get all the manufacturing debris out of the systems, replacing the fluids, in addition to the filters, makes sense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast