Just bought a Ford 1900

/ Just bought a Ford 1900 #1  

paintman161

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1900
So i just bought a Ford 1900, 4x4, Front loader, PS, Ag tires, engine block heater. Tractor was very clean (no oil leaks or other fluids)Hoses all looked great, very little to no rust- garage kept. Has 1300 hours on it. Got it for $6500.00 and they will even deliver it!

Just wondering if there is anything i should be aware of on these? He said he changed the oil about 60 hours ago and changes every 6 months, only put about 100 hours on per year. I know i will need to get a grease gun but anything other tools that are a must?
This is my first tractor and do plan on using it for brush hogging, also what size brush hog would you recommend?

Last edited:
   / Just bought a Ford 1900 #2  
I have a 1900 here with about 700hrs on it. They are pretty good except for the cooling system on mine has been an issue if I run it at full load at 540rpm for the pto with the 72" finish mower it will over heat it pretty easily. I would do a good flush on yours if it hasn't been done lately. On mine when I got it the radiator fluid was chocolate brown. I flushed it a few times but when the radiator is plugged it's never going to get clean again. Also, if you don't have a owners manual I'd get one for it. There is some maintenance you'll want to do. The 4wd system has it's own service section and most owners don't replace or check the fluids in the front sections including the gears on the front wheels.

Steve

/ Just bought a Ford 1900
I have a 1900 here with about 700hrs on it. They are pretty good except for the cooling system on mine has been an issue if I run it at full load at 540rpm for the pto with the 72" finish mower it will over heat it pretty easily. I would do a good flush on yours if it hasn't been done lately. On mine when I got it the radiator fluid was chocolate brown. I flushed it a few times but when the radiator is plugged it's never going to get clean again. Also, if you don't have a owners manual I'd get one for it. There is some maintenance you'll want to do. The 4wd system has it's own service section and most owners don't replace or check the fluids in the front sections including the gears on the front wheels.

Steve

Thanks for the info, he never mentioned it ever overheating and he uses it for brush hogging. He did mention that he keeps the front Grill and radiator cleaned. Also he said he thinks he has the manual for it, but would bring it with the tractor when he drops it off.

/ Just bought a Ford 1900 #4  
My 1900 has about 2500hrs on it. It was abused before I got it and has still held up great. These tractors will totaly impress you with the amount of work they will do. The only complaint I have is that I wish the hyd. pump had more flow. I have no issues with over heating. Some of the attachments I use with mine are a 6' box blade, 5' bush hog, 6' finish mower, 7' rear blade, 6' flail mower and a 5'6" snow blower.I have ag tires on mine.
Bill