Checking hydro fluid in TC35

/ Checking hydro fluid in TC35 #1  

LabLuvR

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5400
The other day I had a leak at the connection for a hydo line at the bucket. I want to check the fluid level as the tractor now seems a little sluggish. The manual doesn't state whether the fluid should be cold or hot, I'm guessing cold, and also if it matter is lift arms etc should be in the down position.
Thanks for any guidance.

/ Checking hydro fluid in TC35 #2  
Generally the levels are with all cylinders extended, but your TC35 has around 9.8 gallons of fluid in its reservoir. If you fill it under any conditions so that the fluid is to the top of the full mark on the dipstick, you will never have to worry about not having enough fluid. I've had seeping leaks, dripping leaks, and flowing leaks, but rarely ever see the level below 1/2 gallon down. 1/2 gallon of fluid is a bunch when it is coming from a leak. If you are certain that all your plumbing connections are tight and the HST or main pump is not sucking air somewhere (look for bubbles or foaming in the reservoir) then I'd say you should not have to worry about fluid levels. Clogged filters and air leaks are a lot more likely than having low fluid cause a problem in my estimation.

/ Checking hydro fluid in TC35
Super, thanks!