batteries

/ batteries #1  

roofgunner

Tractor
NH TL80
I need a new battery for my TL80 (2001). I've called tractor supply, auto parts stores, etc. and it seems hard to find one. Is it easier just to go to the dealer? Any advice would be appreciated. The one in my tractor is the original so I cannot complain. Help. thanks, Tom In Harris, MO.

/ batteries #2  
If its a odd size and hard to find perhaps making a more common tractor battery fit?

Ds

/ batteries #3  
Check with a interstate battery dealer. They may be able to get you one fairly quick.

/ batteries #4  
Hey there fellow Missourian! We have a Missouri thread going in the Regional/Midwest section. Pop in and say high. One of the regulars is just down the road from you in Trenton.

On your battery, you might try Beebe Battery in Independence.

http://beebebatteries.com/

Hope this helps!

/ batteries
Thanks, and I will check with BB and the MO section! Tom in Harris, Mo. PS: I can't complain of the battery going dead. I got the TL80 because I lost a AC180 in a fire. USAA insurance got me the 2001 TL80 that had only 131 hours on it and it's looks new. It cam from near Hermann, Mo. (Bockting Equip). A doctor had it and only used it for mowing his lawn with a finishing mower. I was lucky to get this machine.

/ batteries #6  
   / batteries
Well, here's what happened. I ended up at Early Tractor in Cameron, MO. and got the battery. $333.00. I availed myself of coffee, donuts, cookies, and some other pastries they have. It is a very customer service oriented dealership. I had a problem with the 4WD indictor light on the dash coming on and asked the service manager about it. He got me a wiring diagram and we both agreed that since I replaced the switch on the dash for the 4WD and that the wiring should be OK, and the dash light all worked that it was probably the pressure switch. So I started the tractor, disconnected the wires from the switch and jumped them. Light came on. Tried to clean the switch, etc. and that didn't work. so I'll replace the switch.

/ batteries #8  
Too bad you had to pay that much for a replacement battery. Must be a pretty sorry Parts Dept. A BNH49MFW would have been a suitable NH battery for less than 1/2 the money. But I don't hand out coffee & donuts.

/ batteries #9  
I cant imagine spending that much either, my 4000 gas calls for a 17tf, it had a old group 88 or 89 Mercedes Benz battery about 150-200.00 but a group 65 is cranking it fine even with the gas off.

I can handle the 90.00 every 4 years.

DS

/ batteries #10  
I cant imagine spending that much either, my 4000 gas calls for a 17tf, it had a old group 88 or 89 Mercedes Benz battery about 150-200.00 but a group 65 is cranking it fine even with the gas off.

I can handle the 90.00 every 4 years.

DS

:)

I remember the first time the battery in my TN55 went dead. I stopped at the local garage to see if they had a replacement battery. The mechanic scratched his head and said he had never stocked a similar battery.

So off to a auto supply store. The clerk said: "Oh, that's a Mercedes (or Volvo?) battery." My heart sank, expecting to have to shell out many $s. I was relieved when it was only $100 or so.

Steve