PTO jumping out of gear

/ PTO jumping out of gear #11  
i get to play on plenty of HE at work every day. sometimes fun.. but I like working on it more than working with it.. :)

/ PTO jumping out of gear
I had some time and removed the lift arm case today. Here is what i found. The gear is chewed up pretty good. I did not go any further because I'm still waiting for my book. Thanks again for all your advice.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120824_094650.png
    ForumRunner_20120824_094650.png
    536.1 KB · Views: 207
  • ForumRunner_20120824_094815.png
    ForumRunner_20120824_094815.png
    633.6 KB · Views: 227
   / PTO jumping out of gear #13  
I had some time and removed the lift arm case today. Here is what i found. The gear is chewed up pretty good. I did not go any further because I'm still waiting for my book. Thanks again for all your advice.

Wow, sorry for the chewed out gear. I bet ya it kept jumping out due to detent ball and spring not holding it tight. I just checked in Wenger of Meyertown and they did not have it listed. You might give them a call for better information. At least once you find the gear you'll be able to fix plus the detent. will you take some pic of the detent mechanism and how you take the ball off from the side of the transmission.

JC,
Wengers Of Myerstown - Farm Equipment, Agriculture Equipment, Tractor Parts, Construction Equipment, Construction Parts

Yes i will photograph the whole process and post the pic. I'm still waiting for the book before i go any further. I don't want to take anything apart without first reading about it. To be honest i don't know how to pull the gear out.

/ PTO jumping out of gear #15  
Yes i will photograph the whole process and post the pic. I'm still waiting for the book before i go any further. I don't want to take anything apart without first reading about it. To be honest i don't know how to pull the gear out.

I'm sure you'll figure it out. Detent mechanism and pto handle should come out to free up the shifter fork. The fork should come off by driving the pin and wire that attached to the horizontal shaft. i see another coiled pin that has to be driven out. To allow for the rod removal, do you see anything in the back or in the casing that locks the shaft in place? the rod that shifter rides on need to come out, then you'll have access to the gear. I"m sure Chris will be here with a good word of advise. I'll look at my cheesy book to see if it sheds some light.

JC,

Thanks for all the help JC i really appreciate it. The manual should be here tomorrow. I'm not of work till Monday so I'll drain the oil and take it apart then. I'll have to take the other cover off to see if the road goes all the way through. Here is a few more pics.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120824_181240.png
    ForumRunner_20120824_181240.png
    626.5 KB · Views: 196
  • ForumRunner_20120824_181258.png
    ForumRunner_20120824_181258.png
    542.9 KB · Views: 171
   / PTO jumping out of gear #17  
Thanks for all the help JC i really appreciate it. The manual should be here tomorrow. I'm not of work till Monday so I'll drain the oil and take it apart then. I'll have to take the other cover off to see if the road goes all the way through. Here is a few more pics.

if you go back and look at the rear transmission gear pdf in a one of my post. there it shows rod #56. It also shows nut, washer and spring washer # 66,67,68 that can be removed to withdraw the shaft. once you remove the rear top transmission cover it will expose the stuff I just mentioned. as you disassemble take good pics, and put witness mar with dremmel tool so there will be no chance of getting turned around. #15 is the gear that is damaged. PTO gear #15 should simply slide out of pto shaft #13. You do have two snap rings #18 and #11 that need to come off to draw pto shaft out and then the damage gear should slide right out. I hope you don't end up to pay and arm and half a leg to buy one. it is a shame that gear is chewed up like this.. can only imagine how much of grinding and noise it made before it is damaged like that.

JC,

edit: I have been looking at your pic. The pto final shaft can be withdrawn horizontally from the rear end of the transmission case. I'm not sure if the snap ring need to be take off first. if that is doable probbaly you would not even need to fiddle with the fork, since as you pull th epro final shaft the damaged gear will slide out and the installation of new is just reverse of it. Anyone to corroborate it.... Soundguy?

Last edited:
   / PTO jumping out of gear #18  
My Mahindra 475-DI JUMPS OUT OF GEAR i HAD A NEW CLUTCH PUT IN AT GREAT EXPENSE.. THAT WORKED FOR A LITTLE WHILE..iT WILL NOT STAY IN GEAR NOW.. HELP
I

/ PTO jumping out of gear #19  
is there thrust play in the pto shaft?

is this a solenoid style engage pto?

/ PTO jumping out of gear #20  
My Mahindra 475-DI JUMPS OUT OF GEAR i HAD A NEW CLUTCH PUT IN AT GREAT EXPENSE.. THAT WORKED FOR A LITTLE WHILE..iT WILL NOT STAY IN GEAR NOW.. HELP
I

I'd suggest you talk to guys in Mahindra forum. Other than trying to identify exactly what you have and read the spec and such anything will tell you will be just for information only and might not be correspond to your particular need.

Jc,