Pilot Bearing And Release Bearing On A Ford 3000

/ Pilot Bearing And Release Bearing On A Ford 3000 #1  

Shepp

Tractor
Ford 3000
OK so I managed to split my Ford 3000 and the new clutch package came the other day. I was looking at the Pilot bearing on the tractor and it looks like I have to remove the fly wheel to replace the pilot bearing. Is this correct?
I was also looking at the release bearing. I thought there should be some kind of retaining clip to hold it in place, but it doesn't appear to have one. My IT shop manual doesn't really explain how to remove it. Can someone explain this to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Shepp

/ Pilot Bearing And Release Bearing On A Ford 3000 #2  
The pilot bearing just pulls out with no need of removing the flywheel and the throw out bearing u just need to knock it off the housing nothing holds it in place it just drives on

/ Pilot Bearing And Release Bearing On A Ford 3000
OK thanks Whodat526. Not a lot of room there to knock it off with a hammer. I might be able to borrow a bearing puller.
Shepp

/ Pilot Bearing And Release Bearing On A Ford 3000 #4  
I learned a trick years ago in removing a pilot bushing. Find a rod that just slides into the bushing. Pack the bushing with thick grease and then put then push the rod into the bushing and hit it with a hammer. You will push the bushing out with hydraulic pressure from the grease. It has worked for me without fail.

Thanks Dex3361. Yes I have seen this method performed on youtube.
Shepp

Well I didn't need to remove the flywheel to get the pilot bearing out, but I had to remove the flywheel bolts and pilot bearing retainer plate to remove the pilot bearing. The throwout bearing was hard to remove. I finally used a steel drift pin through the steering box opening above the bearing. Several good hits with a hammer and she came off. I am still waiting for a clutch alignment tool to come in the mail. Hopefully next weekend I will put the new clutch in.
Shepp