Ballast Weight of Class II Boomer rear wheel weights

/ Weight of Class II Boomer rear wheel weights #1  

Mosey

Veteran Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TC29D with 7308 FEL, and top & tilt. 1950 John Deere B. 1940 Farmall A.
On page 2-27 of the owners manual there is a table called "Rear Wheel Weights". For Industrial (R4) tires, it says "Maximum of (2) weights per wheel @ 34 kg (75 lbs.) each - 136 kg (300 lbs.) total per wheel".

Either I'm reading this wrong, they have a typo, or they do math different than I do. With 2 weights per wheel at 75 lbs per weight the total weight per wheel is 150 lbs and the grand total weight is 300 lbs. Is that what they meant, or did they mean to say that each weight is 150 lbs, so the total on each side is 300 lbs for a grand total of 600 lbs?

/ Weight of Class II Boomer rear wheel weights #2  
Thanks for this post. I have read this several times and thought this can't be right. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif With your post I went back and read it again and did a little calculating. It looks like they figured two weights per wheel for a max of 4 - 75 lb weights per axle which would then be 300 lb total not 300 lb per side. Looks like someone transcribed the info incorrectly /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Since they only show hardware for installing 2 weights per wheel I would guess that they didn't mean 4 per wheel /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

That's on page 2-28 in my manual.