Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    newholland tc55da

Default repairing fenders o

i have a 2004 tc55da New Holland tractor. I use it with 6ft woods brush mower and have broken both composit fenders. I priced replacements at dealership and spent next hour recovering from shock. Anyone got suggestion on repairing composit parts or sorce of aftermarket?

Tractor
    JD2555

Default Re: repairing fenders o

I don't know about New Holland fenders but the composite fenders on my Ford dually have been repaired. Check with your local body shop.
    David from jax
    A serious accident is one that money won't fix.

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Got any photos you can post? I don't know how badly your fenders have been busted. I have a couple of pieces missing out of the rear edges of my fenders over the tires where limbs got pulled up between the tires and the fenders. I don't worry about them because they aren't that big and will never rust. Whatever your issues, I can't make any better suggestion than David above. A body shop that specializes in fiberglass repairs is your best bet.
    Jim

Silver Member
    Tractor
    new holland and a ford

Hope you have a enclosed cab-- if there is that much damage to the fender, imagine what it would do to the operator! Be safe. Seems like an excesive amount of damage; do you have all the guards in place for your hog?

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

You say composite, but arent those plastic fenders rather than fiberglass? If they are plastic, they can be welded back together if you have all the pieces, fiberglass is much easier to repair and can actually be built up to fill in large areas of missing material. l I dont know where you would find suitable plastic for doing that though.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp CC AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    newholland tc55da

No cab. damage done when backing into 3-4" saplings and they come over tires and get caught between fender and tire breaking the fenders. had Kobota with metal fenders for 16 years and had no problems doing same job. Did most of damage in willows because of their flexability.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

post pics.. unless trashed.. I bet you could stabilize from underside and use some sort of filler / figerglass/epxy to fix, sand, skim, sand, then repaint and hardly know...

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Save all the pieces. I'd even ask the dealer if they have a broken fender you could get cheap.

I have had motorcycle plastic welded in the past. They use a special hot air gun. They can cut a used piece of plastic in to strips and use it as "welding rod". They should have some "rod" either way. The place that did this was a custom motorcycle shop. Lots of motorcycles have similar body panels to what my TC40D has.

It still may need reinforcement behind and around the weld, so having extra material would be good...

Worst case, as others have said, take it to a body shop.
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

harbor freight sells a plastic welding kit.. rod selection and all

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

I am not sure how similar tractor fenders are to canoes and kayaks, I have always wondered if the canoe repair kits would work.
    Royalex Repair Kit - Northwest Canoe e-Store

At one time, I had an emergency canoe repair stick that had an innner and outer layer. You would cut off a piece, work it together and apply it a gash or puncture in a canoe. It really worked well. It was probably some type of epoxy. Dries hard as a rock, can be sanded and painted.
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast