Loader Quick Disconnect Hoses?

/ Quick Disconnect Hoses? #1  

StanDA

Tractor
1995 Ford 1920
My Ford tractor has a fast loading loader. I lower the bucket, undo 2 bolts and back away from it. Then get off and undo the hoses. Getting the hoses to reconnect has always been a fight. This time after 40 minutes in the sun and getting really aggravated I tried using my head instead of my brawn. I had cleaned the male and female fittings twice. And I had lessened the tractor's hose pressure by going through all positions with the front end loader handle. But the trick was to lessen the front end's pressure. I hit the male tit with a rubber hammer and the fluid flew! I didn't go get a rag cause I was intent on getting the hoses connected. I heard the loader settle some and I wondered if it'd fall but it didn't. I had left it on flat ground. I did all the male fittings and they went together easily. I did check the female **** but there was no pressure. Always carry a hammer!

/ Quick Disconnect Hoses? #2  
When I take off my quick connect loader I was shown by the dealer to unhook like you do back up and turn the tractor off then move the loader lever to all positions to releave the pressure before I disconnect them. I have also noticed that if the loader is sitting out in the hot sun during the day the suns heat will expand the oil in the loader and I will have the same problem connecting as you do. So my solution to that is to remove the loader inside out of the sun or, if left outside to only connect to it in the evenings after it has cooled down. Now that is how mine works, do you have the leg that holds the loader up when you take it off so that releaving the pressure won't make it fall to the ground?

/ Quick Disconnect Hoses?
Yep sure do. The bucket sets down flush on the ground and as I back the tractor away the bracket/arm leg lowers into postition to hold the whole device. Then the hoses and connections are really easy to get to. I like the idea of putting it out of the sun but as I remove the bucket I'm constantly jigging and adjusting the bucket for a smooth exit.

/ Quick Disconnect Hoses? #4  
Stan, if you don't want to beat the quick connects up trying to relieve pressure. Spend the money for one mating adapter for the loader's lift circuit and one for the curl circuit. Install the unconnected adapter to one hose in each circuit. One hose will provide relief for both sides. You may have some dripping fluid, but if you tie your hoses up, you'll have very little leakage. When you get ready to reconnect, just drop the fittings into a Ziploc bag and that will keep them from getting oil anywhere you put them.

/ Quick Disconnect Hoses? #6  
Although I think the above manifold is a good idea, you will choke at the price . About $875 for 4 ports, and about $1000 for 6 port coupler.

Some of the flat face couplers will couple at 500 psi, and other will couple at full pressure.

There is also the screw on coupler with a wing nut.

A dummy QD with a small length of PVC tube with a rag stuffed in it should solve your problems.

A simple and cheap fix, whether used on a cyl or motor attachment.

Some of the pressure on an attachment is caused by a loaded cyl, such as a load on a blocked cyl.

Usually you are only talking about a tea spoon of fluid causing this problem, but you could empty out a cyl of fluid if not done correctly.

/ Quick Disconnect Hoses? #7  
The prices above reflect the approx price of the unit if it is equipped with the flat face under pressure couplers... we do have serveral models that use regular "pioneer style" couplers that start out under $400... You need to shut off the tractor and relieve pressure but it still takes a lot less time than messing with hose routing and messy coupler connections... If you take your loader on and off frequently - the investment into a hydraulic manifold will pay for itself in no time.

/ Quick Disconnect Hoses? #8  
Trick for disconnecting hydraulic hoses on Case IH MX100 tractor. It is hard enough with 2 hands trying to hook up the baler etc. Now I have use of only one arm is there something that can be installed on the tractor to make it easier for someone helping me? Or just what is the trick!