Ford 1510 smoking

/ Ford 1510 smoking #1  

double hunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1715
A buddy of mine has a Ford 1510, the tractor always smoked a little at start up and would then clear up, he called me today and said the started smoking, went over to his place today and to say its smoking is an understatement, this thing looks like an old timer mosquito fogger, I talkin this this is smokin, just started doing this all at once, any thing to check or reckon a ring has broken, still runs good, just can't see where your going.

/ Ford 1510 smoking #2  
Could be a broken head gasket letting antifreeze into the combustion chamber. Do not run the tractor until you find out for sure as the water/antifreese will get in the oil and you will ruin the engine. Check it out. Maybe someone else on the forum can give you more information. Check the dipstick to see if oil is milky.

/ Ford 1510 smoking
Forgot to mention the smoke white

/ Ford 1510 smoking #4  
Forgot to mention the smoke white

White smoke is always caused by water in the piston chamber. Blue smoke is a result of oil in the chamber.
If you put a compression tester in each cylinder, the one with the low reading will be the leaker.

/ Ford 1510 smoking
Looks like we got a blown head gasket.

/ Ford 1510 smoking #6  
Raw fuel will also make white smoke. If you are loosing coolant it is probably a head gasket or head . If no coolant loss it could be an injector.
Bill