TN65s won,t move forward or reverse

/ TN65s won,t move forward or reverse #1  

DRB at SAGC

Tractor
TN65S
My New Holland 1999 model TN65S 16x16 won't move forward or reverse.
Engine runs, hydraulics work, pto works

I have done all of the following along with some other things that I forgot to right down.

- CHECK TRANSMISSION OIL LEVEL ( low add about 4L )
- REPLACE POWER SHUTTLE FILTER ( no change )
- CHECK BRAKE FLUID LEVEL ( ok )
- TEST BRAKE FLUID LEVEL SWITCK ( ok )
- REPLACE CLUTCH OFF LIMIT SWITCH ( no change )

- ECM DIAGNOSTIC TOOL TESTING
- H5 CONTROL SWITCH DIAGNOSIS ( page 18-20 ) ( all test good )
- H9 VOLTMETER FUNCTIONS ( page 25-28 ) ( all tests with in specs )
- HF ACCESS OF ERROR COODES ( page 34- )
- CODE 11 - REPLACE CLUTCH POTENTIOMETER SWITCH ( no change )
- ORDER NEW POWER SHUTTLE ECM
- INSTALL NEW ECM ( no change )

- TEST HYDRAULIC PRESSURE AT TEMP. SENDING UNIT ON SHUTTLE CONTROL VALVE
- 0 psi WITH CLUTCH PEDAL IN
- 220 psi WITH CLUTCH PEDAL OUT
- TEST HYDRAULIC PRESSURE AT A SOLINOID PRESURE TEST PORT
- 0 psi
- ATTEMP TO CALIBRATE ( A ) CLUTCH WITH H1 FUNCTION ON DIAGNOSTIC TOOL
- U30 CODE COMES UP WITH NO CALIBRATION OF CLUTCH
- SAWP A & B COILS
- ATTEMP TO CALIBRATE ( A ) CLUTCH WITH H1 FUNCTION ON DIAGNOSTIC TOOL
- U30 CODE COMES UP WITH NO CALIBRATION OF CLUTCH
- checked continuity of wring to A & B solenoids for ECM ( OK )
- check ohm's A & B coils ( OK with in specs )
- checked ohms of C1 gear switch & G1 range switch ( OK with in specs pressed 560 ohm, released 2760 ohm)

Code 24 continues to come up

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Ryan

/ TN65s won,t move forward or reverse #2  
I feel your pain! What does the code "2-4" stand for? I'm guessing that when you tested the pressure at the solenoid pressure test port, you did it with the PowerShuttle engaged and also disengaged and still saw zero pressure - so the solenoids aren't activating.

I'm sure you probably already checked this, but have you looked at the seat switch? For some reason, that one seems to cause a lot of problems...

I've been wrestling with a "4-1" code for a few weeks now, and done all the diagnostics but haven't been able to narrow it down. I'm about to order a new ECM, but I'm reluctant to shell out $775 and then find out the problem is some other obscure PowerShuttle issue...

/ TN65s won,t move forward or reverse
Error code 24 is.

Clutch A and Clutch B not calibrated
The diagnostic tool won't calibrate the clutches and I get a U30 code

U30 code Forward clutch value higher than 480mA

Manual says to remedy as follows
- Check solenoid valve circuit and solenoid valve ( done all good )
- Repair/replace as necessary ( not needed )
- Test forward solenoid hydraulic pressure circuit ( I have been unable to find the test proceedure for this from New Holland )

I installed a new ECM with no change. I paid $730 for mine.

The seat switch did bring up inconstant readings from time to time so I by passed it with out any change.

Ryan

/ TN65s won,t move forward or reverse #4  
Are you using the same equipment that a dealer would use to calibrate the controller? The reason I ask is that I don't know what equipment is necessary, and I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I'm about 99% sure that my controller went out, and my local dealer just went out of business - so there's nobody around to help me calibrate this stupid thing. I'm wondering if there is a way to get my hands on the calibration tool... The nearest dealer to me (several hours away assuming no traffic - which is never the case here) estimates that it'll be an all-day job to make one trip to me and troubleshoot. After all is said and done, they might come out two or three times before figuring out what's 'really' wrong, and that could be an expensive nightmare.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread - hopefully someone chimes in with some helpful info.

I believe I am. I am using ECM Diagnostic Instrument #294084 along with the manual that came with it. It plugs in under the dash.

You should be able to order the tool from a New Holland dealer and have shipped to your location. You might want to get a complete repair manual as well.

I have these and I am still unable to diagnose my problem.

I might have a New Holland mechanic come up next week to help me out. Not looking forward to having to tell my boss that I can't figure it out. First time I have been stumped in 20 years.

Ryan

/ TN65s won,t move forward or reverse #6  
there is always a first. One cannot fix everything there is.

/ TN65s won,t move forward or reverse #7  
I believe I am. I am using ECM Diagnostic Instrument #294084 along with the manual that came with it. It plugs in under the dash.

You should be able to order the tool from a New Holland dealer and have shipped to your location. You might want to get a complete repair manual as well.

I have these and I am still unable to diagnose my problem.

I might have a New Holland mechanic come up next week to help me out. Not looking forward to having to tell my boss that I can't figure it out. First time I have been stumped in 20 years.

Ryan

Replace the transmission pressure switch, or swap it with the one for the 4WD (same part #).

/ TN65s won,t move forward or reverse #8  
I just did a search on that Diagnostic tool (part number superceded to "New Holland 380000282 TOOL, SPECIAL") and I might get one and see if I can get my tractor fixed. Thanks for the tip!

Replace the transmission pressure switch, or swap it with the one for the 4WD (same part #).

I think I already tried this but I will try again

Thanks Ryan

I swapped shuttle valve psi switch with 4wd valve psi switch.

I still can't calibrate the A clutch solenoid and continue to get a U30 code.

Ryan