Ford / New Holland 3930

/ Ford / New Holland 3930 #1  

pharmvet

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 7710 II FWA, NH TB110 FWA w/ NH 46LB loader, JD 5303 2wd w/ loader
I had a very clean little 3930 a few years back and replaced it with a larger tractor. It has since become evident to me that there is most certainly a need for both a large and a small tractor. I was considering trying to find another 3930 , but this time with FWA. I spoke with a local tractor crank and he told me that the early Ford and NH models with FWA had a very large turning radius. Is this really an issue. Id really like to hear from someone who has had personal experience with a FWA 3930. thanks

/ Ford / New Holland 3930 #2  
The turning radius is fairly large on a 4wd 3930 because large, common sized ag tires are used. In the 3 cylinder industrial models, they had more choices for smaller diameter front tires more like the diameter 2wd versions use.

/ Ford / New Holland 3930 #3  
C'mon Pharmvet! You're talkin' about turnin' radius like you lived in New Jersey. Texas is a BIG state. We have plenty of room for turnin' down here.;) :laughing:

/ Ford / New Holland 3930 #4  
Not many operators bother to adjust the steering stops to minimize the turning radii. It is worth the time it takes, but be certain to check the adjustments with the axle fully oscillated both ways.

/ Ford / New Holland 3930
Good point. I fall into that category of operators who would not check the stops (until now). What is your opinion of the
3930 compared to a 10 series about the same size and horse power?

/ Ford / New Holland 3930 #6  
I have a 1998 NH 3930 with 4WD and I use it mowing steep pasture ground in middle Tn. I have no problem with the turning radius and I have found it to be a very tough tractor that hangs onto steep hills.

/ Ford / New Holland 3930 #7  
Good point. I fall into that category of operators who would not check the stops (until now). What is your opinion of the
3930 compared to a 10 series about the same size and horse power?

Fully hydrostatic steering and the 8x8 transmission are definite improvements.