Owner question - Changing oil in a 2010 NH 1530

/ Owner question - Changing oil in a 2010 NH 1530 #1  

new jersey mike

Silver Member
NJ Home with property in East Worcester, NY
Tractor
2010 - NH T1530
I have a question I have a NH T1530 the manual notes 6.3 gt with filter for an oil change. This is the 3rd time changing the oil and I have never replaced that much. I have the tractor on what I believe is level ground, I changed it yesterday and only needed 4.5 qts. Either of the last 2 used 6.3 although I do not remember the amount.

Is there an owner who has see the same thing or the opposite and you use 6.3'ish qt's and maybe the ground is not as level as I think.

Thanks.

Last edited:
   / Owner question - Changing oil in a 2010 NH 1530 #2  
I had a similar problem with a my '07 TD95D. The manuals (both owner's and service) says 12 quarts and that put the oil an inch above the full line on the dip stick. I called dealer and asked what I should believe, the manual or the dipstick. After consulting with CaseNH they said the dip stick. I gave them the part number on the dipstick and they confirmed that as the correct part number. I again asked for the quantity and they again contacted CNH and they (CNH) weren't sure what the refill capacity was but they said the dipstick was correct. I pumped out oil until it agreed with the dip stick and removed 3 quarts so the refill capacity is 9 quarts rather that 12 quarts.
You'd think that some thing as important as the engine lube oil quantity would be readily known and thoroughly checked before making up a manual. Alternately they should have put out a service bulletin to correct the manuals.

I'd check with the NH dealer and get some resolution on this issue in your case.

/ Owner question - Changing oil in a 2010 NH 1530
I had a similar problem with a my '07 TD95D. The manuals (both owner's and service) says 12 quarts and that put the oil an inch above the full line on the dip stick. I called dealer and asked what I should believe, the manual or the dipstick. After consulting with CaseNH they said the dip stick. I gave them the part number on the dipstick and they confirmed that as the correct part number. I again asked for the quantity and they again contacted CNH and they (CNH) weren't sure what the refill capacity was but they said the dipstick was correct. I pumped out oil until it agreed with the dip stick and removed 3 quarts so the refill capacity is 9 quarts rather that 12 quarts.
You'd think that some thing as important as the engine lube oil quantity would be readily known and thoroughly checked before making up a manual. Alternately they should have put out a service bulletin to correct the manuals.

I'd check with the NH dealer and get some resolution on this issue in your case.

Thanks for your response. I spoke to the dealer/mechanic he did not recall the exact amount used but also supports what ever the dipstick shows. I decided I am going to start changing 2x a season anyway, oil and a filter is cheap. So if I am not getting all of the oil out it will not be as dirty or acidic and I only put on 75 - 80 hours a season and that is clocked at a high RPM which is more like 60hrs actual due to the clock logic.

/ Owner question - Changing oil in a 2010 NH 1530
This is embarrassing but I need to clear up any confusion with t1530 capacity. It's my eyes not my tractor. When I picked up the large container of oil I "assumed" it was 1 gallon, 4 qt's well there it is, I failed to read or realize the certainer is more then 1 gallon, it's 5 qts. DUH

I realized this when I changed the oil on my jeep.