Battery Replacement NH 1720

/ Battery Replacement NH 1720 #1  

Turbys_1700

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland t4.75
My battery croaked out on my tractor after 29 months...
The battery that was in it was a 30H series...
Exide Commercial from Tractor Supply...
The new 30H series only has a 12 month replacement warranty where-as the old 30H was rated at 18 months replacement and 24 month pro rated...
They have a 31E that is the same size with the 18 month 24 month warranty...
Price difference is $85 versus $100...
Specs look the same...
Looks like the same battery with a higher price to offset the better warranty...
Does this make sense?
Would the 30H be lesser of a battery than the 31E?
Any input would be appreciated...

/ Battery Replacement NH 1720 #2  
I bout hgt a "NeverStart" from Wally world for $60 and with same CCA as my old one and it lasted two years with a 3 year warranty, they got me another one and this time I put a trickle charge on it in winter as my rig does not get used much. It did better this time. It looks to me continuous use and battery does better and warranty is a bet they take on their product. it appears the warranty you mentioned is the same for both 31E and 30 H.

My battery croaked out on my tractor after 29 months...
The battery that was in it was a 30H series...
Exide Commercial from Tractor Supply...
The new 30H series only has a 12 month replacement warranty where-as the old 30H was rated at 18 months replacement and 24 month pro rated...
They have a 31E that is the same size with the 18 month 24 month warranty...
Price difference is $85 versus $100...
Specs look the same...
Looks like the same battery with a higher price to offset the better warranty...
Does this make sense?
Would the 30H be lesser of a battery than the 31E?
Any input would be appreciated...

/ Battery Replacement NH 1720
Thanks for the info JC...
I will check on the EverStart...
3 year replacement is better than the 30 or 31 series...
Perplexing to me that a 24 group is warranted more than a 30 or 31 group...
Makes no sense...

/ Battery Replacement NH 1720 #4  
While you are at Wally World, look at the maxx series. I put one in my 1700 and it lasted 6 or 7 years. I don't have the number handy but I can get it for you. They have a elrctronic battery look up.

/ Battery Replacement NH 1720 #5  
Exide recently (Oct 1) revamped their battery warranties. In general, they went from a 12 month exchange followed by a varying pro-rate period to 18 month full replacement period with no follow-up pro rate period. This policy has more than likely trickled down to all store branded Exides such as CNH (for certain), TSC, NAPA and others.