new holland oil fill location

/ new holland oil fill location #1  

madman292

Tractor
ford 555e
Hi folks, New member here. Had to let go my employee that used to handle all the mechanics on the trucks, vehicles and equipment. So here is the dumb question of the day. How in the heck do you fill/add oil to a 555e new holland ford backhoe? can't seem to find a fill cap anywhere. And we own the complete set of manuals and still cannot locate it! My guy was organized enough to have on the shelf all the parts and extras as well. Fluids, all the hoses that seem to break

/ new holland oil fill location #2  
Right front of the timing cover for engine oil. Clearly called out in figure 4-9 on page 4-7 of the 555E operator's manual that is in front of me. Publication #86570568. Engine oil, hydraulic oil, brake oil, transmission oil and rear axle oils all described in Section 4. Service index with pages listed for individual service items is on page 4-4.

/ new holland oil fill location
Rick, I don't have the service manual, I have the full set 1-9 of new holland manuals. And the complete service parts catalog. Can you send me a pic or two of those pages? burlpainthardware@sbcglobal.net really appreciate it. We just got 6 inches of snow tonight so far and i need to take care of the maintenance on this thing.
Thanks

/ new holland oil fill location #4  
I am referencing the Operator's Manual, not the Service Manual. It can be downloaded immediately in its entirety here:

Choose Items

Copy and paste 86570568 into the publication number field and click on 'search' . Have a credit card handy.

/ new holland oil fill location #5  
oil capacity for engine oil 1996 555 ford newholland backhoe

/ new holland oil fill location #6  
im at the parts store with no computer also would be helpful to get filter number

/ new holland oil fill location #7  
im at the parts store with no computer also would be helpful to get filter number

4.5 gallons for a 555E, which yours should be if it is a 1996. If it isn't an E series, figure 8 quarts.

If you are at the parts store and they can't sell you the correct filter, you are at the wrong parts store.
it's 84259320.

Last edited: