Ford 8830

/ Ford 8830 #1  

IndigoSpirit

Tractor
Ford 8830
Hi, I have nearly acquired a 1990 Model Ford 8830 Powershift Tractor. The tractor has numerous problems with it of which I have repaired one by one however now I have starting to use it I find it seems slow on and off the field. I have looked on the internet and seem this tractor to be powerful and speedy. On the road in 18 gear I achieve only about 25-30 kph and on the field it seems it is in the wrong gear function.

Is there a button or something I am doing wrong?

Any help is much appreciated

Kind regards :dance1:

/ Ford 8830 #2  
about 32kph would be right would'nt it ? . Good tractors generally but powershifts maybe not as good as some .

/ Ford 8830
about 32kph would be right would'nt it ? . Good tractors generally but powershifts maybe not as good as some .

Spoke to New holland service department today and they tell me it sounds like the clutch slipping. Not sure but will investigate on my end.

/ Ford 8830 #4  
Here in Europe the 30 series tractors came with both 30kph and 40kph transmissions, usually 40kph tractors being later production years. Speed your quoting seems correct for what probably is 30kph trans plus from experience if clutch packs were slipping you would have alot more evident problems!! You could always try calibrating trans to get indication of wear in clutches.

/ Ford 8830 #5  
Hello, maybe you can upload the tractor ford 8830 electric scheme