OPTIMA Batteries

/ OPTIMA Batteries #51  
Update on the Extreme charger I bought....

I've been leaving it on the tractor batt for months now and it's been starting every time I go up to cut grass. Not sure if the battery is in great condition but it starts and runs fine the day I'm there so I can't complain. Saved me from buying a new battery for sure ! We'll see long term how it works out but so far so good !

Steve

/ OPTIMA Batteries #52  
I'm glad to hear it is working for you. They do occasionally hang at a the 75% level but as long as you keep them on the charger I have seen them go for a couple of extra years that way. Since the last post I have seen some cases on military equipment where disconnecting the charger and then reconnecting it once all the lights are out (the capacitor has run out of power) has yielded good results. I really can't explain that but Marines will try anything to save a dollar so go figure. I can't show the Optima getting shot and starting the truck in the training video anymore because...you guessed it they had to try it for themselves. Good luck and thanks for the update.

Mark

/ OPTIMA Batteries #53  
Update on the Extreme Charger I bought - The battery is still the same one that was in there when I put this charger on it. - We've been leaving the charger plugged into it at all times and so far the battery is still going - It's at least 5 years old now and it will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Steve