Ford 1900 Power Steering Kit

/ Ford 1900 Power Steering Kit #1  

schmidteo

Tractor
John Deere 60, Ford 1900
Hi Guys.

I have been lurking/learning here for a while and have really appreciated all of the great info that the site has to offer. I recently purchased a nice Ford 1900 with a loader in great shape. The tractor doesn't have power steering, but my father-in-law just happened to have a Dubro power steering kit from a 1900 sitting out in his barn. Install on this kit looks fairly straight forward, but I haven't been able to figure out where one of the lines, which I believe is the return line, goes back into the tractor. Does anyone have this type of power steering kit on their tractor or know more about the install?

1-DSC_5283.JPG1-DSC_5284.JPG1-DSC_5285.JPG

The line in question is the loose one with the capped end. Could I "T" into the line on the aft side of the loader block, if that is a return line?

Thanks a lot/

James

/ Ford 1900 Power Steering Kit #2  
I have the same kit on my 1900.The problem I had was that the power steering took most of the pressure away from the loader. The loader was extremly slow. What I did was mount a VW power steering pump on the motor with a remote resivour. If you don't have a loader then you wont have a problem. I will take a look tomorrow and see if I can remember how it was plumbed before I changed it.
Bill

/ Ford 1900 Power Steering Kit
Thanks Bill. I do have a Bradco loader on this tractor and would be interested in copying your VW pump install if my loader ends up being too slow as well.

James

/ Ford 1900 Power Steering Kit #4  
I looked last night and cannot remember how mine was plumbed. I also noticed that you have an piece that I didn't have. If you look at the block that has the 3 hoses going to it 1 says inlet, this will be the line that supplys the hyd pressure. The one that says bypass should return to the resivour. the 3rd says reg. This is regulated pressure going to the steering cyl. I think the other block that you have with the 2 hoses going to it mounts on the TPH control valve. You already have one on you tractor to supply hydraulics to the loader so I don't know if you need to use it. Could you post a better pic of the block with the 2 hoses going to it.
Bill

The extra block you see does go under the 3PH valve and takes precedence over it. I believe that it should be stacked outboard of the loader block and the two lines, which go to the inlet and bypass ports of the other block route across the transmission to the left side of the tractor. The regulated line goes to the pressure port of the actuator, but after that, I haven't seen where to connect the line coming out of the actuator back into the tractor hydraulics.1-DSC_5314.JPG1-DSC_5318.JPG1-DSC_5319.JPG1-DSC_5316.JPG

/ Ford 1900 Power Steering Kit #6  
The other line comming off the actuator is a return line . It returns the oil .n There should be a plug just below and a little in front of the TPH valve that you can remove and attach the return line to.
Bill

That's what I am looking for!

I will install this and see how the loader works. I am interested in your p/s pump. Did you use an older V-belt type pump or a newer serp style and change the pulley? What did you use for your reservoir? Any problems with fittings for the lines?

Thanks for all your help!

James

/ Ford 1900 Power Steering Kit #8  
Does anyone know where I can find such a kit for my 1980 Ford 1900?

Frank