Oil & Fuel New Owner, Old Tractor-1974 Ford 2000 Gas -Trans., Rear end fluids?

/ New Owner, Old Tractor-1974 Ford 2000 Gas -Trans., Rear end fluids? #1  

BluTomm

Tractor
1974 Ford 2000 Gas, Bolens 1220 and G-14 Garden Tractors
Hi all. I'm new to this forum, and new owner of an old tractor, a 1974 gas Ford 2000 with 6 speed trans. I'm trying to figure out what type of fluid to put in rear end and transmission. I have bought an owners manual and service manual(IT), and have a Ford service manual on the way. The books I have call out all different numbers, most of which I haven't been able to cross. I think regular 85-90w gear oil should work in the manual transmission, but not sure about the rearend, since it is also the hydraulic fluid. One tractor hyd/trans fluid I looked at was only 10-20 weight oil..? I want to use the correct fluids, but don't like to use real thin oil, unless that is what's required for the hydraulics. I just want to check and top off fluids for now, because I have some brush hogging to do, then plan on changing all fluids over the winter. Any help will be appreciated.

/ New Owner, Old Tractor-1974 Ford 2000 Gas -Trans., Rear end fluids?
Thanks, but that tractor has 3 seperate areas for fluids- transmission, rearend, and hydraulics, from the sound of the answers he got. I believe mine only has 2, the trans, and the rearend and hydraulics are together in the rearend.

/ New Owner, Old Tractor-1974 Ford 2000 Gas -Trans., Rear end fluids? #4  
In the transmission you can use 80w90 or UTF. In the rear diff/hydraulics you should use UTF.

/ New Owner, Old Tractor-1974 Ford 2000 Gas -Trans., Rear end fluids?
Thank You, Chris
Tom

/ New Owner, Old Tractor-1974 Ford 2000 Gas -Trans., Rear end fluids? #6  
You are welcome Tom. Good luck with your tractor.