steering box leaking- what to do?

/ steering box leaking- what to do? #11  
Gerry, if it is just seals or o-rings, I don't know why any good hydraulics shop or supply house could not match parts. Is this a common problem on the CK30, or are you just 'lucky'?

/ steering box leaking- what to do?
Send it to Midwest steering. They can rebuild most valves. They said externally, you cannot tell differences, but there are differences in valves. I had same issue with New Holland part #. Difference though is New Holland WILL sell parts needed; just at a price that is prohibitive.

Well here is update; Midwest told me the input shaft is badly pitted and not usable. New Holland does not sell the input shaft. Up that creek without a paddle!

/ steering box leaking- what to do? #14  
Bummer! You could probably get those pits filled, but it might cost as much as a new shaft. Do you suppose the pits could be filled with JB Weld?

/ steering box leaking- what to do? #15  
Well here is update; Midwest told me the input shaft is badly pitted and not usable. New Holland does not sell the input shaft. Up that creek without a paddle!

Very common problem......some places will do a "Spray Weld" and machine

Flame Spray Welding - YouTube

I used to do this type of repair but couldn't take the fumes.......:thumbdown:

Finally an update; Midwest Steering was able to modify a valve to match the new holland unit. With shipping, $520.00. Only thing I had to do is adapt the 4 line fittings which cost me another $120.00 It is now back together and seems to work fine, will find out when I re install the loader and turn with a load in bucket. Still way cheaper than New Holland price of $1426.00 for valve.