Ford 2000 Steering Nut Size and Thread Count?

/ Ford 2000 Steering Nut Size and Thread Count? #1  

kirby

Tractor
Ford 2000
I have a 1973 ford 2000 diesel that i just completed a steering box rebuild on thanks to this site. However I managed to ding the threads badly on the steering shaft. I need to chase them before putting a new steering wheel on. Does anybody have any idea what the thread count is and where to get a die for this?

Thanks

/ Ford 2000 Steering Nut Size and Thread Count? #2  
I have a 1973 ford 2000 diesel that i just completed a steering box rebuild on thanks to this site. However I managed to ding the threads badly on the steering shaft. I need to chase them before putting a new steering wheel on. Does anybody have any idea what the thread count is and where to get a die for this?

Thanks

They have files that you can use to fix threads like that. Try Sears . Welcome to TBN...

/ Ford 2000 Steering Nut Size and Thread Count? #3  
forget a die.. just take a fine triangular file to it.. like a needle file.

btdt.. fixed dozens of them...

/ Ford 2000 Steering Nut Size and Thread Count? #4  

Thanks

11/16-11 (NF) Snap-on, Mac tools, any GOOD inustrial supply house.

/ Ford 2000 Steering Nut Size and Thread Count?
I did not even know they made thread files, it only took about 10 minutes to clean up. Best of all I rented them from Autozone for free.

Thanks for the help guys.