Snow TC 35 D 2-speed doesn't work in cold temeratures

/ TC 35 D 2-speed doesn't work in cold temeratures #1  

cornerpost

Tractor
New Holland TC 35 D
I have 2002 TC 35 D New Holland, two speed switch stays in low when temperatures are cold, this morning was sunny and 8 degree and high range was not accessible in the 1.5 hour of snow moving. Have seen this for several years. anyone else had this?

/ TC 35 D 2-speed doesn't work in cold temeratures #2  
I have 2002 TC 35 D New Holland, two speed switch stays in low when temperatures are cold, this morning was sunny and 8 degree and high range was not accessible in the 1.5 hour of snow moving. Have seen this for several years. anyone else had this?

I take it you have a hydrostatic drive. See what the owners manual says about the hydro fluid viscosity requirments for low ambient temperature operation.

/ TC 35 D 2-speed doesn't work in cold temeratures #3  
Does the orange light on the fender switch change from turtle to rabbit? If it is changing and the tractor stays in turtle, then the solenoid is sticking. Of course you could have something related to the control relays and contacts not making good contact with the sockets (think of dirty battery terminals as something similar). If your light on the fender switch changes while the switch is in rabbit and immediately goes back to turtle when released, your problem is electrical, either the relays or a loose connection at the solenoid. The solenoid is under the left operator's platform. Check that its wire connectors are tight and clean. There are two wires with plug-in connections.