Extend Service Plan

/ Extend Service Plan #1  

JohnT

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC45D
NH Guys,

I can't recall seeing anything on this topic, so I thought I'd throw it out for comment. NH sent me a letter encouraging me consider their Extended Warranty program. Normally I pass on these offer, but after reviewing it I decided to purchase their Power Train Plus Extended Warranty. Cost $960.00 and takes the warranty to 60 months with no deductable. Why? I really like my TC-45D and I want to use it.... not work on it. At $320.00 a year for an additional 3 years - I though it was a great deal! Just my opinion.

JT

/ Extend Service Plan #2  
Hello, I bought an extended service plan over three years ago and now my tractor {1220} is in the shop for a leaking rear axle seal. No charge for the repair, but they were going to save my tranny oil and pour it back in. I said no, and to put fresh oil in and a new filter. I may have to pay for that they said. I'll have to wait and see if they pay for that. Bryan

/ Extend Service Plan
Bryan,

I was beginning to wonder if anybody had any thoughts on this subject. I'm glad to hear that your extented service plan is paying off. I don't understand why NH would want to risk futher problems by re-using the old and now possibly contaminated oil... go figure? On the bright side, if you choose to pay for fresh oil and filter it should only be for the supplies and not labor!

/ Extend Service Plan #4  
John, I'm close to purchasing either a NH TC 18 or TC 21D and am very interested how others view the worth of the extended warranty. I have purchased them in the past for auto, but never had to use it. (lucky I guess)

/ Extend Service Plan #5  
Yes, I couldn't hardly believe it either that they would consider using the old oil. Cleanliness is the key to longevity on any close tolerance mechanism. I'm now wondering about the quality of service I'll get from them in the future.

/ Extend Service Plan #6  
Extended warranties, extended service plans, or whatever name is used is nothing more than an insurance policy, and like all insurance policies, if you happen to be one of those who needs its benefits at some time in the future, you'll be glad you bought it. But if you're among the majority that don't ever use it . . .., well, was the money wasted or was the peace of mind worth it? I rarely buy them on anything, but once in awhile . . ., in fact, I have one on my wife's car this time (second car I ever bought one for - the first being a 1982 model and the service plan was never needed). I hope this one isn't either./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Extend Service Plan #7  
I got my tractor back today. They charged me $48 for filter and oil.

I checked my extended warranty contract. It cost me $550 in 1997.

Bryan

/ Extend Service Plan #8  
I recently purchased a TC45D and received my warranty offer last week. My letter offered a 25% discount if the warranty was purchased within 60 days of the purchase of the tractor. No price in the letter - said for me to call the dealer. I called and was told my cost within the 60 day time limit would be $900. Did your quote include the 25% discount?

/ Extend Service Plan
Yes, but the 25% discount you reference is not applied to the $900.00. Basically, the cost for extending the warrany goes up after 6 months. Therefore, if you buy now at the $900.00 you are in effect getting a 25% discount. Marketing spin.....

/ Extend Service Plan #10  
Extended warranties and service plans are very much negotiable on cars and trucks. I assume the same applies to tractors. Thanks for bringing up this subject, it's something extra to consider when I look at buying my new tractor in the future.