TC30 won't crank over

/ TC30 won't crank over #1  

reholt

Tractor
2003 New Holland TC30
I am having problems getting my TC30 to start...yeah it won't. Glow plugs work, lights illuminate, etc., but won't turn over when I turn the key. Confirmed that tractor is in neutral, park brake set. I checked the seat safety switch by using a jumper wire to bypass the seat switch and it still doesn't turn over. What should I check next? Thanks for your help! :confused:

/ TC30 won't crank over #2  
Use a test light to make sure that power is going to the starter. Should be the pink wire if I remember correctly.

/ TC30 won't crank over #3  
I replaced an ignition switch 3 years ago...
Check your battery...
I replaced mine 2 years ago and it was deader than a hammer last month...
It had an 18 month replacement warranty on a commercial battery...
I replaced it with a Wal Mart 84 month warranty battery...
I was surprised that it went out so fast...

/ TC30 won't crank over #5  
Use a test light to make sure that power is going to the starter. Should be the pink wire if I remember correctly.

Before you go tossing parts at it, test to see if you have power to the starter like I said and work your way back from there. Electrical issues aren't tough to diagnose...you just need to have a plan for it. Tossin gpart at it is fine if you've got deep pockets......I don't though. lol

/ TC30 won't crank over #6  
some safety switch acting up maybe (PTO, seat etc.)

/ TC30 won't crank over
Thanks to all who replied! I really feel stupid...I found that somehow the PTO lever had been engaged...thus no crank when I turned the key.:confused2: Once I disengaged the PTO lever, "Ole Blue" fired off just like always! Thanks again to the helpful community here on TBN!

/ TC30 won't crank over #8  
I've done dumber lol

Always nice to hear when a fix is free and easy.