Backhoe attachment

/ Backhoe attachment #1  

pepperalbert

Tractor
new holland tc40
Happy New Year to you New Hollanders!!!!!:cool2:
This years burning question is---- which backhoe attachment is the best value for the dollar. I have seen a few on the net, but cannot seem to disern which one is good. Also in the used department which one to look for. Any past expirence would be helpfull.
Thanks in advance to all you knowledgeable New Holland owners.
Happy New Year:D

/ Backhoe attachment #2  
Just buy a new one ...I did and never looked back!!!

12072010032.jpg

/ Backhoe attachment
Yeah, you are most likely right, you buy used and you have to repair and modify and God knows what else. New, you can always pressure the dealer into making it right!

/ Backhoe attachment #4  
Stay away from a 3pt model and go with a subframe mounted model. I have a 3pt Wallenstein which is a great BH, but am going to get a subframe kit to use it on my new tractor. Using a 3pt BH on most new tractors will void the warranty. As for brands to look at other than NH, look at Woods, Wallenstein and any others that have custom subframes for your tractor.

/ Backhoe attachment #5  
I wonder why they will void the warranty now.I bought brand new and have a 3 pt woods 750 with no problems at all. Im wondering if the tractor and or mounts are lesss beefy now that 20 years ago?

/ Backhoe attachment #6  
I looked for a long time before buying a new WOODS backhoe for my 1715.
When I was looking (about 12 years ago) used backhoes just didn't come up, either on Craigslist or a dealer.
If they did come up for sale they were lightly used and close to new price, so I bought a new one.
I have the sub-frame with mine and I would recommend the same for anyone.
In the past year or two there seems to be a lot more used backhoes available on Craigslist and much cheaper than the current price of a new one.
I liked the quality and construction and just the whole backhoe that WOODS makes over the other brands that I looked at.

/ Backhoe attachment #7  
Backhoes on tractors are limited use. I've got one and love it. But my intended use involves moving long distances thru the woods away from a trailer to do a little digging. A mini-ex can race across the ground at 3mph, my M4700 can do 16mph, lot's of my sites are back in the woods a half mile.

You don't state your reason for getting a backhoe but if you will be doing a lot of trenching or other work where the backhoe does not have to travel very far by itself you might want to look at a mini-ex. Iron planet shows about 80 mini-ex's that sold for < $10K
http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/sea...avator:+<6.6t&p_us=5000|1000&yr=2005&c=3&sm=1

/ Backhoe attachment
You guys are a wealth of information!!!!! I like the idea of a mini-ex. I am sure that to remove the BH of the tractor takes a little longer then most attachments and can be a pain.

/ Backhoe attachment #9  
You guys are a wealth of information!!!!! I like the idea of a mini-ex. I am sure that to remove the BH of the tractor takes a little longer then most attachments and can be a pain.
Actually on mine to remove it is VERY easy, but to hook it back up takes me at least 10 minutes of "maneuvering". If I had a concrete floor and a dolly for it it would be simple.

/ Backhoe attachment #10  
If you park the backhoe like I do on uneven dirt in the grass and don't use it very often, it is a royal pain to attach. If you can put it on concrete and have a dolly to put it on, like I hope to do soon, it looks to be pretty easy to install.