Ford 1700 fuel filter sediment bowl

/ Ford 1700 fuel filter sediment bowl #1  

nsmithnd

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1700
Fired up the 1700 today and was letting it warm up a bit when I noticed a puddle of red fluid forming beneath it. Freaked out when it appeared to be spraying out of the back plate on the injector pump. Calmed down when I realized that the fuel filter sediment bowl had cracked and was doing the spraying.

Has anyone replaced the filter/bowl assembly with some other filter kit that might be more generic or maybe a regular old in-line filter? Or should I go ahead and just pay the NH dealer price for a new bowl and leave it at that? (only $17 - appears to be the same bowl used across many models)

-Neil

/ Ford 1700 fuel filter sediment bowl #2  
I'd for sure use the NH bowl or equivalent. would not abandon the assembly in lieu of in line as OEM bowl assembly offers you means of air removal that is pretty important. I might consider in line $2 filter for a short time till the actual part arrives.

JC,

ps. Mine is the oem and have not ever needed to look for a part other than filter media in the bowl.

Last edited:
   / Ford 1700 fuel filter sediment bowl #3  
That filter/bowl assembly also acts as a fuel/water separator. You'll spend $7 on an inline filter that you'll have to rig up and have hassles with or $17 on a new bowl that's original. Seems like a pretty easy decision to me.

/ Ford 1700 fuel filter sediment bowl #4  
Check your local TSC or local farm store. The Farm and Fleet near me carries complete sediment bowl assemblies and replacement bowls.
Bill

/ Ford 1700 fuel filter sediment bowl
Back in business...

$24 for the bowl and o-rings...
Then back again for a couple filters (could have swore I had a spare laying around) $9 each...
Surprisingly the NH dealer filter price was a few pennies cheaper than the auto-parts stores (and not a special order item)!!

-Neil