TC 45 D

/ TC 45 D #1  

Anguss

Tractor
Ford 3000 Tc45d
Glow plug doesn't work , also fuel and temperature gauge won't move. Tried the jumper wire from sending unit on temp gauge didn't move. Checked all fuses behind cluster they are good. Took left panel off cowl checked for loose wire, cleaned glow plug fuses, checked ground wires behind starter. Getting frustrated. New Member Help

/ TC 45 D
Thanks for info on Glow plug. If anyone can help with fuel and temp gauge I'd appreciate it

/ TC 45 D #4  
Might look at the "TC33 wont start" thread in this New Holland section. I think there were references to glow plug timers and gauges in that thread.

Skimming thru this part of the forum, there are some older threads about the glow plug timer, even one of my threads.

/ TC 45 D #5  
Anguss, welcome to TBN.:)

Does your tachometer work? If it does, you probably need to replace both the temperature gage and the fuel gage. They are over $60 apiece, but that's a lot cheaper than a whole instrument panel at $560. Unfortunately, New Holland sells beer can instruments at gold bar prices.:mad:

The fuel guage is part no. 87300469 and the temperature gage is part no. 87300471.

Here is a link to photos of my repair on my temperature gage back in 2006. Unfortunately, the prices mentioned in this thread are also 2006 prices.

EDIT: Also, don't pay the $65 for a NH glow plug timer. Buy this one on ebay. It's for a Kubota, but is a duplicate of yours and the price plus shipping is only around $14.

/ TC 45 D
Thanks for the savings on E-Bay just order the Glow plug timer relay, is that no. 10 on the Relay ID. Page Does wiring harness just unplug off the back of cluster I couldn't seem to get it release. Sometimes the fuel and temp gauge works after about 1 hour of hard work but not always. Yes the tach does work and PTO light responds when engaged. Thanks all of you, the help is really great !

/ TC 45 D #7  
Found the gauges for less than the 2006 prices..... Inflation hasn't gotten everything yet...LOL
Replacement parts for the New Holland TC45D Tractor

I looked, for the TC45D the part numbers are 86540855 and 86540853. The TC45DA uses the 87300469 and 87300471 part numbers.

Last edited:
   / TC 45 D #8  
Found the gauges for less than the 2006 prices..... Inflation hasn't gotten everything yet...LOL
Replacement parts for the New Holland TC45D Tractor

I looked, for the TC45D the part numbers are 86540855 and 86540853. The TC45DA uses the 87300469 and 87300471 part numbers.

Thanks Pedalstomper. You're right that I got the numbers for the TC45DA instead. However, I find the parts you found for the TC45D to be even more expensive.:shocked: Tractorhelp lists a lower price than Messicks, but it's still way over the 2006 prices. The temperature gage is the most expensive. Maybe they are running out of gages and can't get any more. :confused3:

/ TC 45 D #10  
You know, that is one of my contentions about modern tractors(not just TC40D). I do not think they will age gracefully. Will our grandkids be using these tractors in 60 years?

Allis G's are still a good cultivator. Farmal A, B, C, H, and M, JD L, B etc are still out there, and capable of heavy work. Heaven forbid, you can rebuild a N series Ford with amazing selection of used or repro parts. You could pretty much build a new 8N from repro parts.

Thanks Pedalstomper. You're right that I got the numbers for the TC45DA instead. However, I find the parts you found for the TC45D to be even more expensive.:shocked: Tractorhelp lists a lower price than Messicks, but it's still way over the 2006 prices. The temperature gage is the most expensive. Maybe they are running out of gages and can't get any more. :confused3: