Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Ford 3000 Tc45d

Default TC 45 D

Glow plug doesn't work , also fuel and temperature gauge won't move. Tried the jumper wire from sending unit on temp gauge didn't move. Checked all fuses behind cluster they are good. Took left panel off cowl checked for loose wire, cleaned glow plug fuses, checked ground wires behind starter. Getting frustrated. New Member Help

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Default Re: TC 45 D

New glow plug timer... I had to replace the one in my TC40D.
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

Tractor
    Ford 3000 Tc45d

Thanks for info on Glow plug. If anyone can help with fuel and temp gauge I'd appreciate it

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Might look at the "TC33 wont start" thread in this New Holland section. I think there were references to glow plug timers and gauges in that thread.

Skimming thru this part of the forum, there are some older threads about the glow plug timer, even one of my threads.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Anguss, welcome to TBN.

Does your tachometer work? If it does, you probably need to replace both the temperature gage and the fuel gage. They are over $60 apiece, but that's a lot cheaper than a whole instrument panel at $560. Unfortunately, New Holland sells beer can instruments at gold bar prices.

The fuel guage is part no. 87300469 and the temperature gage is part no. 87300471.

Here is a link to photos of my repair on my temperature gage back in 2006. Unfortunately, the prices mentioned in this thread are also 2006 prices.

EDIT: Also, don't pay the $65 for a NH glow plug timer. Buy this one on ebay. It's for a Kubota, but is a duplicate of yours and the price plus shipping is only around $14.
    Jim

Tractor
    Ford 3000 Tc45d

Thanks for the savings on E-Bay just order the Glow plug timer relay, is that no. 10 on the Relay ID. Page Does wiring harness just unplug off the back of cluster I couldn't seem to get it release. Sometimes the fuel and temp gauge works after about 1 hour of hard work but not always. Yes the tach does work and PTO light responds when engaged. Thanks all of you, the help is really great !

Tractor
    Case/IH DX33

Found the gauges for less than the 2006 prices..... Inflation hasn't gotten everything yet...LOL
    Replacement parts for the New Holland TC45D Tractor

I looked, for the TC45D the part numbers are 86540855 and 86540853. The TC45DA uses the 87300469 and 87300471 part numbers.
    Last edited by pedalstomper78; 01-13-2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Found more info
    The forums are a great place to find information....but also a great place to find speculation. Only you can determine the real problems with your tractor. We're here to help you find the correct way to do it.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by pedalstomper78 View Post
    Found the gauges for less than the 2006 prices..... Inflation hasn't gotten everything yet...LOL
    Replacement parts for the New Holland TC45D Tractor

I looked, for the TC45D the part numbers are 86540855 and 86540853. The TC45DA uses the 87300469 and 87300471 part numbers.
    Thanks Pedalstomper. You're right that I got the numbers for the TC45DA instead. However, I find the parts you found for the TC45D to be even more expensive. Tractorhelp lists a lower price than Messicks, but it's still way over the 2006 prices. The temperature gage is the most expensive. Maybe they are running out of gages and can't get any more.
    Jim

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Where was that when I had to replace the one on my TC40

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    EDIT: Also, don't pay the $65 for a NH glow plug timer. Buy this one on ebay. It's for a Kubota, but is a duplicate of yours and the price plus shipping is only around $14.

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

You know, that is one of my contentions about modern tractors(not just TC40D). I do not think they will age gracefully. Will our grandkids be using these tractors in 60 years?

Allis G's are still a good cultivator. Farmal A, B, C, H, and M, JD L, B etc are still out there, and capable of heavy work. Heaven forbid, you can rebuild a N series Ford with amazing selection of used or repro parts. You could pretty much build a new 8N from repro parts.

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    Thanks Pedalstomper. You're right that I got the numbers for the TC45DA instead. However, I find the parts you found for the TC45D to be even more expensive. Tractorhelp lists a lower price than Messicks, but it's still way over the 2006 prices. The temperature gage is the most expensive. Maybe they are running out of gages and can't get any more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast