Ford 1920 thermostat temp

/ Ford 1920 thermostat temp #1  

tantoy

What is the correct temperature for the thermostat for my 1991 year ford model 1920?
Thanks Fred

/ Ford 1920 thermostat temp #2  
From the parts list, there are two thermometers. One is 180 degrees SBA145206182 and the other is 190 degrees and SBA145206130. If you have a severely cold winter and your tractor does not warm up enough, I'd go with the 190 degree thermostat. If your tractor is getting up to temperature okay in the winter, then it's common to just leave a 180 degree thermostat in year-around.

/ Ford 1920 thermostat temp #3  
Looks like there were 3 different temperatures that will fit in that tractor. According to New Holland, anything made after 01/90 in the 1920 tractor took a 190 degree thermostat. Looks like PartsSpring and TractorHelp both have it with tractor help being a bit cheaper.
New Holland Thermostat 190 degree SBA145206130
New Holland SBA145206130 THERMOSTAT

May your days be warm and bright..... (yeah.....terrible...I know) :duh:

/ Ford 1920 thermostat temp #4  
:welcome:

/ Ford 1920 thermostat temp #5  
jinman.....
I don't know if you are communicating with my girlfriend or not, but this is like the 3rd time in a few months that I've put something up on my screen, she's called me in the other room to fix something....I come back....respond....and found that you did it 20 minutes before me. Too funny. LOL

/ Ford 1920 thermostat temp #6  
Pedalstomper, we use different sources and sometimes come up with different data. I found that the 180 degree thermometer was listed for the 1920 in years 1990-1998 in addition to the 190 degree one. Prior to 1990, they even had a 160 degree thermometer suggested.

/ Ford 1920 thermostat temp #7  
I usually use the New Holland or Case/IH site for my lookup. Then I'll go to google with the part number to see the top one or two that has it. I've found TractorHelp is usually a buck or two less than the others, so I'll hit them also.

Where do you usually go? I'm always up for finding more sources for information. After all, it's the internet. LOL

/ Ford 1920 thermostat temp
Thanks guys for replying,

Fred

/ Ford 1920 thermostat temp #9  
Where do you usually go? I'm always up for finding more sources for information. After all, it's the internet. LOL

I go to messicks.com usually. They have the parts lookup set in a way I like. I go to this link on their site and enter the model number of the tractor or scroll down and enter the part number if I already know it. When I enter the tractor model, I get a list of tractors/years and choose the group I want. Then the tractor's systems show up on the left side of the screen with the diagram and parts list showing up on the right side. I just find this setup easier than Partspring or Tractorhelp. I normally order from Messicks if I'm buying online. They have New Holland, Kubota, Case and many other brands all in one spot. They ship quickly if they have the item in stock and don't charge a big price for handling. You never know for sure what the full cost of an item is until it's delivered. I just like Messicks because of their excellent help and sponsoring TBN. In a day when there is very little customer service, they stand out as caring about their customers and the industry.

/ Ford 1920 thermostat temp #10  
Hello I have a question regarding the different temps for the thermostats. I have a 1989 1920. I just noticed that my temp gauge doesn't seem to move at all. I have been running the tractor relatively hard but the air temp is quite low 10s-20s. I don't know if my gauge has a shorted wire and isn't receiving temp infor from the sensor or my tractor just isn't getting up to temp. The radiator seems warm but not hot when the tractor has run for awhile but gauge never registers. Is this a thermostat issue or is it most likely a bad wire from the sensor to the gauge? If I have a 160 deb thermostat could this be causing the problem? Thanks. I am always amazed at the wealth of knowledge here!