Ford 5000 EXTREMELY hard Start!

/ Ford 5000 EXTREMELY hard Start! #31  
on the cam box.. be carefull when you remove the plug.. the threads are soft.

catch what comes out.. if anything in a jar.

if it is way overfull and mostly fule.. pump may need service.

if it is empty.. bet on pump needing service.

if it has correct level of engine oil in it.. it's surprising :)

/ Ford 5000 EXTREMELY hard Start! #32  
View attachment 299426View attachment 299427
Thanks for your advice I will double check these. This Ford 5000 is a 12 Volt and we recently shifted from a gen (which was as old as I am) to an Alternator (shown here) Unfortunately I still need to make a bracket brace to hold the alternator pulley with tension (English is a 9th language but you can kinda see what I mean :) ) I've also showed the choke (with my steel rod 'Cable' ) so that You can advise what is off and what is on.

I just looked at the thumbnail and it looked like one continuous picture! Gotta' be more carefull!

/ Ford 5000 EXTREMELY hard Start! #33  
don't feel bad. with the small screens on my mobile devices ALL pictures look like thumbnails to me.. :)

/ Ford 5000 EXTREMELY hard Start!
Hi Guys.Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Just been discharged from Hospital so haven't had the opportunity (or energy) to try them out. Again thanks for your help and will update when I can

/ Ford 5000 EXTREMELY hard Start! #35  
Hi Guys.Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Just been discharged from Hospital so haven't had the opportunity (or energy) to try them out. Again thanks for your help and will update when I can

So sorry to hear that jak, wish you a quick recovery. It is a shame that mosquito-borne infectious disease are still out there in Africa and Southeast Asia. Lots of rest and hydration to get back on your feet. I don't think your Ford will go anywhere while you recover. :)

JC,