Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Default Re: No hydraulics... GAH!!!

seafoam will solvate the water and allow it to mix with the oil in soloution, vs emulsion, or settling out.

it's an aid prior to draining, though will help the water evaporate during use. when the water is disolved, it formes an azeotrope.. and that will evap faster than water alone..

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Wow Joe! You really created a 'bun warmer' with that Reddy Heater. Nice job!
    Jim

Tractor
    Fordson Major Diesel, McCormick Deering W4, Ford 1510, John Deere L111

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    Wow Joe! You really created a 'bun warmer' with that Reddy Heater. Nice job!
    Toasty buns are happy buns! Today, I picked up a pint of Sea Foam Trans Tune, added it to the fluid and did a little work with the tractor to get it mixed in the rest of the system. We're getting a deep freeze again this week, so we'll see how it works.

Joe
    Joe

Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

Tractor
    Ford, Kubota, County 754 , ASV , JD 410c

Joe there is a screen on the hydro pickup its the large steel tube with a flange and bolted to the trans block, it could get ice cristals, or just a little plugged up with goop and since its soo cold out cant take the flow. same for the hydro filter. had to use heater on my fors and even a CAT 225 that was one large cold piece of steel.
    also what vis is your hydro fluid.

Tractor
    John Deere 5105M & IH Farmall 544

When I first bought my IH 544 I had same problem with the hydraulics not working when it got cold. I found ice forming on the screen by the hydraulic filter. I changed several filters the first couple of years....I should have changed all the hydraulic oil...but I haven't had any trouble for a couple of years now. Must have got all the moisture out of the system. Plus the tractor doesn't sit outside anymore.
    MWRR
    Illinois, 180 acres, 80 acres hay, cattle, JD 5105M,IH-Farmall 544, Kuhn 700 GMD HDII, Case 580B, JD 535 Baler, MF 124.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by IronworkerFXR View Post
    Joe there is a screen on the hydro pickup its the large steel tube with a flange and bolted to the trans block, it could get ice cristals, or just a little plugged up with goop and since its soo cold out cant take the flow. same for the hydro filter. had to use heater on my fors and even a CAT 225 that was one large cold piece of steel.
    also what vis is your hydro fluid.
    I really have no idea what the viscosity is... It's what was in the tractor when I bought it a couple years ago, so I'm sure it's long since overdue for a change. I'll ask the local dealer which synthetic fluid they recommend when I get it all changed. I think they usually have a fluid change and service special in the spring, so I'm holding out for then.

Joe
    Joe

Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

Tractor
    1993 NH 2120 (the best), 1974 MF 135 (sold, but solid), 1947 Farmall A (bought, sold, bought back, sold again), 1956 MH50 lbt (sold, in 1980, darn it)

It's good to change hydro fluid before the machine makes you. But you know that.
    Jim
    "Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly" Mae West

Silver Member
    Tractor
    TYM T451,bolens G214.John Deere 440CID,Shaver sc25 stunpbuster,woods750 backhoe,wallenstien splitter,woods bb60 mower,woods 60"tiller,countryline tiller,99 international 4700 car carrier

You could use a bullet heater to warm her up

Tractor

It's been below zero for the past few days again, but today it warmed up to a balmy 9 degrees, so I thought I'd fire up the tractor to remove the drifts that accumulated last night, and to see how things work after sitting through a few more sub-zero nights.

The Trans Tune certainly lives up to its claims! As soon as the tractor fired up, I could hear the hydraulic pump whirring away, so I gave the lever a little bump so see what would happen. Everything worked right from the start! I'll still change over to fresh fluid this spring, but at least I have working equipment now.

Joe
    Joe

Tractor
    Kubota B2320

It's your tractor Joe, but you need to change that oil at the first warm-up you can.....water/hyd oil does lots of damage you cannot see internally

If is was mine I would change it now (when thawed), then do a thorough cleaning and flushing again in the spring when you can do it right
    2010 Kubota B2320 FEL & BH65
    If it ain't fixed don't broke it!

http://www.tractorbynet.com/content/...-month-wdchyd/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast