Tractor
    Boomer 30

Default New Boomer 30, starts but shuts off when hit the pedal

Hoping someone may have a suggestion for me on this issue before I get the dealer out to look at it. I have a new Boomer 30 (only about 80 hours) and it starts fine, idles fine...and I let it warm up quite a bit...but when I hit the pedals (forward or back - it's hydrostatic) it just shuts off. It has been pretty cold here lately (-5F last week) but was a little warmer yesterday (20's) and it still happened, so not sure if this has something to do with it.

Dealer was out only a month ago to service it, oil, lube, etc.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Default Re: New Boomer 30, starts but shuts off when hit the pedal

Sounds like a seat safety switch problem to me. I'm not sure of the circuits on a Boomer 30, but your weight could be shifting in the seat. Try shifting around before pressing the pedal. I haven't looked at any diagrams for your tractor, but this just seems to be an operator safety system malfunction.
    Jim

Tractor
    Boomer 30

Thanks for the note Jim...Definetely would make sense actually, because it starts beeping also, which would make me think it is the seat safety system. I'll try wiggling around a bit more before I get someone out look at it. Could it be due to the cold weather you think or simply a malfunction?

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

I really don't think it's the cold weather, but it could be moisture. Though, all you have to do is look at my location to see I'm not a cold weather expert. The frustrating part of all this is that your tractor has very little info available online.
    Jim

Tractor
    NH Boomer 30

I haven't had this issue with the boomer yet, but I had a cub/yanmar that would do this. It would only happen when it was really cold. Turns out that the foam in the seat stiffens up and I didn't weigh enough to activate the switch. I figured it out when I noticed the lights would dim when I would first touch the pedal. Took my 5 years to figure it out! Pull yourself down into the seat and see if that does it.

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    I really don't think it's the cold weather, but it could be moisture. Though, all you have to do is look at my location to see I'm not a cold weather expert. The frustrating part of all this is that your tractor has very little info available online.
    These seats have a switch mounted in/under the lower cushion. If the cushion takes on water & freezes, the cushion won't compress the switch. Hence, the rest of the circuit thinks no one is in the seat and reacts accordingly. An all-too-common annoyance.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.