adding rear remotes to tc45da

/ adding rear remotes to tc45da #1  

dingleberry

Tractor
NH TC45DA
Hey guys,

I have done some searching on here and can find mentions of a member pineridge giving instructions on adding rear remotes to a tc45, but I cannot for the life of me find the original thread and there are several pineridges in the member directory. I have a 2007 tc45da open station with no rear remotes and would like to add 2. Can anyone give me a little direction on finding the original posts.

Thanks a lot,
D

/ adding rear remotes to tc45da #2  
I don't know but one pineridge, but his remotes instructions linked to a website that is no longer valid. The remote kits come with very good instructions. If you want those, I'll post the pages so you can see just how simple it is. Everything you need is in the kits for a completely finished package. You don't have to know hydraulics or plumbing; just follow instructions. The biggest problem is that they cost 4 times as much as when pineridge and I installed ours.

/ adding rear remotes to tc45da #3  
   / adding rear remotes to tc45da
Thanks for the help so far. I called one dealer and was quoted $860 for remote 1 and $740 for remote 2. HOLY COW! They quoted $300 for installation. I called another dealer and they quoted me $441.82 for a 2 spool kit part number 87571203 and I thought that seemed like too much of a price discrepency so I looked up the part number online. There is a link attached here, but it does not look like the right part to me.

New Holland T2320 Hydraulic System 07.16 MID-MOUNT HYDRAULIC CONTROL VALVE - 87571203

I consider myself somewhat capable, and will probably try it myself.

jinman if it is not too much trouble I would greatly appreciate a link or download of the instructions just to check it out before I buy it.

THanks for the help so far.

/ adding rear remotes to tc45da #5  
Maybe you want factory parts, maybe not.

I always encourage people to do it your self and save yourself about 50%.

If you are the least bit savy about hyd, you should be able to round up all the parts and do a good install .

Using the stacked valves from Surplus, you can tailor make your setup, and allow add on's later if desired.

Things like float, detent, motor spool, etc.

JJ,
I would love to be that capable with hydraulics, but I am not so saving the money of installation of the factory parts is probably my best bet. Although I do appreciate the input.

/ adding rear remotes to tc45da #7  
D-berry, the part you linked to is the joystick valve for a loader. Do you already have a loader? If so, that's the valve under the plastic cowling below the joystick. The part number is NOT for a kit of parts, but only the bare valve.

Unfortunately, your first listed prices are about as good as it gets these days. When I installed my remotes back in 2001 the first valve was $250 and the 2nd and 3rd valve were $215 each. All three remotes were less than $700. But that's all ancient history. Here is a photo of me installing the valves.

RemovePlate.JPG

Next is the end plate that has to be removed on the side of the hydraulic assembly. It's shown on the outside of the 1st remote in this photo.

RemoteEndPlate.jpg

Attached below are the instructions for the 2nd remote. My first remote was installed by the dealership, so I did not get the instruction sheet for it. I didn't send the instructions for the 3rd remote because they are essentially the same as the ones for the 2nd remote. Note that the parts in the kit come with two handles. One is for the economy TC45A tractor. Your DA model will use the deluxe handle and you get to keep the economy handle as a paperweight.;)

Attachments

• Instruct_p1.jpg
    Instruct_p1.jpg
    578.6 KB · Views: 695
  • Instruct_p2.jpg
    Instruct_p2.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 951
  • Instruct_p3.jpg
    Instruct_p3.jpg
    594.5 KB · Views: 597
  • Instruct_p4.jpg
    Instruct_p4.jpg
    725 KB · Views: 558
  • Instruct_p5.jpg
    Instruct_p5.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 445
  • Instruct_p6.jpg
    Instruct_p6.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 374
   / adding rear remotes to tc45da #8  
I have an 06 TC45DA and I added factory remotes on it last year. I got a kit from NH from a company called "Partspring". It came with all the necessary items, including the control arm which runs up thru the fender for controling the remotes. It was a pretty easy install fro me, since I am a mechanic by trade. Insructions came with it, and were pretty straight forward. They shipped it directly to my house, I think the whole kit was around $500 at the time I bought it. And, with the price that it was, shipping was free and NO tax with the state I live in. Google their name and send them an email, with the no tax and free shipping, they had the local dealer beat hands down, who didn't seem interested in helping me anyway.

/ adding rear remotes to tc45da #9  
Thanks for all of the input guys. I will shop the recommended places and update when I start/finish the project.