Unknown Lever on Ford 1310

/ Unknown Lever on Ford 1310 #1  

Jdomcf

Tractor
Ford 8n, Ford 1310, John Deere H
I purchased a used Ford 1310 utility tractor. Right below the seat there is a lever that has a setting up and down. As I did not get an operating manual, I have no clue what this lever is for. Anyone help?

/ Unknown Lever on Ford 1310 #2  
Welcome!

On the left or right side? Is this a 4WD or 2WD machine? Pictures would help.

Joe

/ Unknown Lever on Ford 1310
It is the right side. Left side is the live PTO lever. Sorry, no pic at this time. My gut is telling me that it might be the lever to engage the four wheel drive, now that you brought it up. Thanks.

/ Unknown Lever on Ford 1310 #4  
It is the right side. Left side is the live PTO lever. Sorry, no pic at this time. My gut is telling me that it might be the lever to engage the four wheel drive, now that you brought it up. Thanks.
If it is a single lever pointing toward the front it is the 4x4 engagement lever. To opperate is be sure the tractor is not moving and the clutch is pushed down. Up is engaged, ( 4 wheel drive) and down is 2 wheel drive. Change only while stopped and it sometines takes a quick jerk to put it up or down.

/ Unknown Lever on Ford 1310 #5  
If it is a single lever pointing toward the front it is the 4x4 engagement lever. To opperate is be sure the tractor is not moving and the clutch is pushed down. Up is engaged, ( 4 wheel drive) and down is 2 wheel drive. Change only while stopped and it sometines takes a quick jerk to put it up or down.
What he said! Just like my 1510, PTO is on the left, (some even have a creeper gear shift above the PTO lever) and 4WD is on the right. Oh yeah, don't use the 4WD on dry pavement, as it's very hard on the drive-line components.

Joe