3-Point Hitch Ford 1700 No Hydraulics

/ Ford 1700 No Hydraulics #11  
When I went to fix it, it miraculaously was working, BUT the filter was filthy so I'm guessing the problem was caused by fluid flow. Changed fluid, cleaned filter and all O rings and now works great - nice and smooth and more responsive than before. Always happy with simple fixes. Thanks for the all the info.

Success at last:), anytime you find that it is not the Hyd pump for the old rig is good news.:thumbsup:

JC,

/ Ford 1700 No Hydraulics #12  
I know this is an older post but is there a way to get the photos to show again as I am having the same problem with my 1910?

/ Ford 1700 No Hydraulics #13  
He most likely had a clogged screen. It's a metal screen that looks like a filter, it it locate on the back axle on the right hand side of a 1700. Not sure if the 1910's have a screen or if they changed to a real filter. I know my 1920 has a real filter. Filter is much easier to change than to clean the screen. I had a 1700 and my screen would clog about one every year and a half.

/ Ford 1700 No Hydraulics #14  
I lost a ton of pics when my picture posting site changed it's policy.in retrospect I wished ti have uploaded then to TBN. I will try to see if I can mange to change it's setting.

JC

/ Ford 1700 No Hydraulics #15  
Folks,

I can not do the 3rd party hosting unless I pay quite a bot and that is not sustainable. However, you can right click and open the image in the new tab, I have made those pictures public.

Jc,

/ Ford 1700 No Hydraulics #16  
JC,
Another 1700 with hydraulic problems. I cleaned the filter, which made things work ok for a bit. Then it went slow, 3ph drops when the engine is off, now no hydraulics at all. I assume I've got a bad seal in the 3ph piston. ?? Maybe more.
I'm trying to read over your posts, but I'm not able to figure out how to see the photos. When I right click, it takes me to ImageShack, but no pictures. Any ideas?
Thank you,
Paul

/ Ford 1700 No Hydraulics #17  
Paul,

I had a lot pf pictures here but I used a site that hosted my pictures. They have changed policy and wanted bunch of money to maintain the pictures, so basically I lost the ability to post. I think they allowed a bout 1000 pics and they are hit and miss as far showing up in the post. Since then I have another provided that allows free posting but it will be such a time consuming endeavor for me to go to all my post and remember what picture I had and try to re-post them, that just take tremendous amount will and time. I think your issue might be seal on the lift cylinder that is easy to change and costs you very little. You can pm me with exactly what pics you need and I will send it your way.

JC,

JC,
Another 1700 with hydraulic problems. I cleaned the filter, which made things work ok for a bit. Then it went slow, 3ph drops when the engine is off, now no hydraulics at all. I assume I've got a bad seal in the 3ph piston. ?? Maybe more.
I'm trying to read over your posts, but I'm not able to figure out how to see the photos. When I right click, it takes me to ImageShack, but no pictures. Any ideas?
Thank you,
Paul

/ Ford 1700 No Hydraulics #18  
JC,

Sorry to jump on an old thread, but I believe I have a bad lift seal on my 1900. Any chance you can repost those pics/description/parts needed for the replacement? in my searching the forum, it appears this is a common problem and i am sure would help a lot of folks out. -A real bummer about the pics on your posts...they would have been invaluable for us Ford owners.

Thanks in advance!

Paul,

I had a lot pf pictures here but I used a site that hosted my pictures. They have changed policy and wanted bunch of money to maintain the pictures, so basically I lost the ability to post. I think they allowed a bout 1000 pics and they are hit and miss as far showing up in the post. Since then I have another provided that allows free posting but it will be such a time consuming endeavor for me to go to all my post and remember what picture I had and try to re-post them, that just take tremendous amount will and time. I think your issue might be seal on the lift cylinder that is easy to change and costs you very little. You can pm me with exactly what pics you need and I will send it your way.

JC,

/ Ford 1700 No Hydraulics #20  
Guys ,

Let me know if you have any questions or need some other specific pictures.

JC,