Oil & Fuel TC18 fuel leak

/ TC18 fuel leak #1  

girons

Tractor
New Holland TC18
I have a New Holland TC18 with about 260 hours. Once I got it home and began using my new to me tractor, I started smelling diesel. After some investigating, I found that there is a small fuel leak at the injector closest to the driver's seat. The guy I bought it from said he noticed it a few years back but didn't think anything of it. I tried to tighten the nut that connects the fuel line to the injector but it didn't help. Is this something I can fix, or do I need to take it to a professional? I am relatively handy and have rebuilt the carburetor of a gas engine, but am nervous about working on a diesel Is replacing an injector a big deal? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

/ TC18 fuel leak #2  
I have a New Holland TC18 with about 260 hours. Once I got it home and began using my new to me tractor, I started smelling diesel. After some investigating, I found that there is a small fuel leak at the injector closest to the driver's seat. The guy I bought it from said he noticed it a few years back but didn't think anything of it. I tried to tighten the nut that connects the fuel line to the injector but it didn't help. Is this something I can fix, or do I need to take it to a professional? I am relatively handy and have rebuilt the carburetor of a gas engine, but am nervous about working on a diesel Is replacing an injector a big deal? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

It's a tractor and not the Space Shuttle! Sure you can work on it.

The line may have a crack in it at the flare, etc. Take it a part and see.

/ TC18 fuel leak #3  
I'd clean up the area so it's not covered in fuel so you can more easily diagnose where it's leaking from. I totally agree with Jerry. It's a tractor.....nothing to be scared about.

/ TC18 fuel leak
Thanks for the encouragement! I'll get after it this weekend