Ford 1720 3 point lift problem. I need your HELP!

/ Ford 1720 3 point lift problem. I need your HELP!
Apparently the quick coupler must have released but initially the hose did not pop out of the coupler fullu to notice it but just enough to close the ball check and block the line which caused my problems. When I wiggled the hose in the inlet port, it I must have pushed it far in enough to let oil past the ball check to where I noticed the leaking. (It had never leaked before in 3 years of ownership and I have never had it out of the coupler) Once I reconnected the hose in the quick coupler, I wiped it clean with a shop rag. After reconnecting, I had restored full power to everything. Again why it released just now to cause my problem is a mystery but like I said, last fall I was doing quite a bit of brush clean up and a stick must have bumped it loose. Otherwise I can't explain why it would be loose.

I am just thrilled that is all it was! :thumbsup: Thanks for ALL your help JC, you taught me quite a bit on how to troubleshoot it again in the future.

/ Ford 1720 3 point lift problem. I need your HELP! #42  
I am just thrilled that is all it was! :thumbsup: Thanks for ALL your help JC, you taught me quite a bit on how to troubleshoot it again in the future.

Glad it all worked out. Nobody knows everything and there always is more room to learn. I learned a few things as well which is all good.

JC,:)

/ Ford 1720 3 point lift problem. I need your HELP! #43  
This is a good point about using a hyd gage for trouble shooting.

It can help you see where fluid is, and maybe where it is not supposed to be.

Had you installed a gage in the first valve IN port, you would have seen that the loader had flow and the 3pt did not.

You would then backtrack from the 3pt to the next valve, be it the remote or the hyd block.

The day you say the pump got real hot, is probably when the QD loosened and the pump started to pump fluid through a relief valve because the downstream flow was choked off.

/ Ford 1720 3 point lift problem. I need your HELP! #44  
Thanks for the posting I learned something I ddint know. And glad that your time you took to pray paid off..

I am just updating my post. I live in Minnesota and we just got a foot of snow last night. I took the tractor out and spent most of the day blowing snow. I am glad to report that all the hydraulics worked flawlessly. I had no problems at all with the 3 point hitch, the rear remote for the hydraulic cylinder on the blower chute, and the front loader. I did add a hydraulic flow restrictor to the hose that controls the hydraulic chute rotation and it worked great! I was able to control the chute much smoother and I could fully operate the remote lever without trying to feather the controls. I used the cheap $5.00 pin-hole style restrictor and it worked great. Thanks to all that helped me and gave suggestions and feedback to this post. That is what makes these websites so valuable. I have added a couple photos to finalize my post. Thanks again! 20130305_172324 (1).jpg 20130305_172312.jpg

/ Ford 1720 3 point lift problem. I need your HELP! #46  
Nice set up Gene, It seems that set up is mandatory for Minnesota. My wife and I went to Rochester last month and there was so much snow but every one appeared to be pretty cool about it. We had our share of very heavy snow here in Kansas as well but nothing like Minnesota. Glad everything worked out well for you without much expenditure and headache.

JC,:thumbsup:

Thanks JC. I don't live too far from Rochester so you were in my neck of the woods. The first year my family and I moved out to our place in the country was the year that we had over 80 inches of snow. It started piling up in December and never left until this tail end of March. At that time all I had was a walk behind blower and every big snowfall took a full day of clearing out. In the photo of me with our dog, I am actually standing in the middle of our driveway which winds through the woods to the road. The next two photo show how high the snow was on both sides of the gravel road that we live off from.

65767_182056308477003_100000179042599_721045_89276_n.JPG IMG_20110203_070258.jpgIMG_20110203_070220 (2).jpg

Needless to say, by the middle of this winter I said enough was enough and started looking for and found the tractor and blower you saw in my photos from earlier in the post. Unfortunately, by the time I took possession of it, it was already March. It never fails :laughing: Where we live it is fairly wooded so the Ford 1720 is a great size to maneuver around the trees and yet I still have all the power I need to do the work I ask of it. Hopefully my next project for the tractor is a new paint job :thumbsup: Its not real pretty now but it was definetely not beat up or had a hard life and it was reasonably priced because of the paint so I was not too concerned about the cosmetics.

From what I have heard, you folks have had your share of snow this winter too from what I have seen on the news. Hopefully MotherNature will take it back as fast as she put it down.

/ Ford 1720 3 point lift problem. I need your HELP! #48  
From what I have heard, you folks have had your share of snow this winter too from what I have seen on the news. Hopefully MotherNature will take it back as fast as she put it down.

Funny that you should say that as I was in the office and one of ladies came to me and said, "I think the roof is coming down" and I'm like "really?". Any how went to conference room and our sliding curtain wall was touching the floor with a big sag and ceiling at ladies bathroom deformed by 2.5'. We have structural steel building with Standing seam metal roof. I had to inspect it, although the beams and purlins were not damaged, we had a bit of rolling of the purlins causing the acoustical ceiling grid (hung from purlins) to deform some. We ended up sending everyone to adjacent buildings in the facility, had the standing seam roof shoveled and everything sprung back to normal. That took 3 days of run around.

JC,

/ Ford 1720 3 point lift problem. I need your HELP! #49  
Jc, I have a ford 1710 with same isues(3pt raises/ hesitantly/ gradually.) In my situation I had been running a tiller putting In foolplots. the 3 Pt arms gradually grew more and more hesitant when raising the tiller at the end of each pass until it finally would not raise at all.I checked the dipstick and it showed to be ok. I chose to try and add some fluid (qt.) and it start working somewhat better but still not up to par by no means..hesitant jerking its way upward. I am going to Try changing out filter next. If that doesn't work ???

/ Ford 1720 3 point lift problem. I need your HELP! #50  
Jc, I have a ford 1710 with same isues(3pt raises/ hesitantly/ gradually.) In my situation I had been running a tiller putting In foolplots. the 3 Pt arms gradually grew more and more hesitant when raising the tiller at the end of each pass until it finally would not raise at all.I checked the dipstick and it showed to be ok. I chose to try and add some fluid (qt.) and it start working somewhat better but still not up to par by no means..hesitant jerking its way upward. I am going to Try changing out filter next. If that doesn't work ???

Bill,

I'd start with simplest thing first. Can you lift the arms without load on it? if so then turn tractor on, by force of hydraulics lift the arms up with nothing hanging from it. While the engine is running and arms up turn CC (clockwise ) the rate of drop knob right under the seat. turn tractor off and observe if the arm drops. You might put something a bit heavy or stand on the arms to see if it drops quicker. If the arms drop, would be a very strong tell tale sign of lift piston is leaking by. If pump flow is greater the leakage rate then you can lift stuff based on their weight with all the symptoms you described. do you have a loader?

JC,