TC29D Hydrostatic transmission is stuck in forward

/ TC29D Hydrostatic transmission is stuck in forward #1  

vdubdezl

Tractor
ford 4600SU
TC29D Hydrostatic transmission is stuck in forward. It will shift in and out of gear on the gear stick, but when you press the hydrostatic pedal it will only go forward when let up on the "clutch" pedal. I have checked the linkage on the pedal and it is not bent. I removed the covers and checked the reostat that the hydro pedal connects to and I am reading resistance. The resistance will go up and down depending on where you press the pedal. Where is the control valve or solenoid located so I can check it? Any other ideas?

/ TC29D Hydrostatic transmission is stuck in forward #2  
Your hydrostatic pedal is a mechanical linkage to the transmission. There is no rheostat that I can find on the parts diagram. Can you post a photo? I'm totally confused by your post.

/ TC29D Hydrostatic transmission is stuck in forward
I will have to take one when I get off work later today. I followed the linkage after I took off the covers because I thought it was going straight to a control valve or solenoid.

/ TC29D Hydrostatic transmission is stuck in forward #4  
As far as I know, the only electrical thing is the cruise control magnet. It's a round donut shape that sits behind a plate so it can hold the pedal in position when cruise is set to ON.

Here's the parts diagram for the pedal. Item #7 is the cruise control magnet.

TC29DHstPedal.jpg

As far as I know, the only electrical thing is the cruise control magnet. It's a round donut shape that sits behind a plate so it can hold the pedal in position when cruise is set to ON.

Here's the parts diagram for the pedal. Item #7 is the cruise control magnet.

View attachment 305895

Yes, this is what it has. The point I am getting at is there has to be a function to make it go into reverse. The magnet(I called it a rheostat incorrectly) has two wires on it. It would have to sending a signal somewhere to make it control the reverse and forward. Under the floorboard on the right hand side, it only has that pivot and the pivot does not appear to enter the transmission(or shuttle). Where does it send that signal?

/ TC29D Hydrostatic transmission is stuck in forward #6  
Jinman is right, the magnet with the two wires has nothing to do with forward/reverse selection unless it is jamming up the motion of the other parts. All of the forward/reverse control is mechanical, as far as I know. I don't have a TC 29 I have a TC40 which has two pedals, but they both hook up to the same rotating member which turns a rod going into the transmission.

Jinman is right, the magnet with the two wires has nothing to do with forward/reverse selection unless it is jamming up the motion of the other parts. All of the forward/reverse control is mechanical, as far as I know. I don't have a TC 29 I have a TC40 which has two pedals, but they both hook up to the same rotating member which turns a rod going into the transmission.

Yours has two pedals as in, a clutch pedal on the left and the forward/reverse pedal. Or two pedals on the right. One for forward and one for reverse? My co-workers John Deere is like this. If it is mechanical, it would show up in the diagram. The pedal connects to a pivot that bolts to the transmission with no internal parts from the pivot.

/ TC29D Hydrostatic transmission is stuck in forward #8  
The only thing the cruise control magnet does is stick tight to the plate when turned on.

/ TC29D Hydrostatic transmission is stuck in forward #9  
Here is a picture.tractor linkage 002_1.JPG

Thanks for the pic Ruffdog. The rod for the valve in the transmission fell off as you can hopefully see. Also thanks to you Jinman for the detailed pic which is what I was looking at. I flat did not see the rod on the back side of the arm. As you will notice it isn't in the pic! It goes on near 13 and 12, but isn't clear. THANKS AGAIN!! phonepics 003.jpg