Hydraulic Screen?

/ Hydraulic Screen? #1  

jtaubrey

Tractor
Kubota L2250
My loader is sometimes real slow to operate up or down and I am wondering if the hydraulic screen is clogged. How hard is it to check this?

/ Hydraulic Screen? #2  
My loader is sometimes real slow to operate up or down and I am wondering if the hydraulic screen is clogged. How hard is it to check this?

Do you not have spin in canister type hyd oil filter? if the answer is no then it is not a very difficult to remove and clean the screen. Drain oil in a suitable container if you want to filter it out and reuse. If you have not changed hyd fluid before this might be a good opportunity. Take out the suction tubing (larger dia pipe) by removing banjo connection at the pump suction and at the diffy. Screen can be withdrawn for inspection. Search under my handle and few keyword and you'll see play by play.

JC,

/ Hydraulic Screen?
Do you not have spin in canister type hyd oil filter? if the answer is no then it is not a very difficult to remove and clean the screen. Drain oil in a suitable container if you want to filter it out and reuse. If you have not changed hyd fluid before this might be a good opportunity. Take out the suction tubing (larger dia pipe) by removing banjo connection at the pump suction and at the diffy. Screen can be withdrawn for inspection. Search under my handle and few keyword and you'll see play by play.

JC,

I am pretty sure it is a canister type, but not 100% sure....I will be at the farm this weekend and can check it out. I have not drained the hydraulic fluid as I wasn't sure how to as I don't have a service manual.

/ Hydraulic Screen? #4  
If this is for the 1500 ford, the filter is on top of the hyd pump at the front right corner of the engine. It stands upright in a housing on top of the pump. The housing lifts up and is held on by 1 or 2 bolts. (not sure, this is from my service manual) You will loose the fluid inside the housing only. I can't tell if it is a throw away or can be cleaned. It is different from the 1700 model. There is a spring on top of the filter so don't loose it.
1500 owners need to fill in the info gaps here for checking the filter on the 1500.

/ Hydraulic Screen? #5  
I am pretty sure it is a canister type, but not 100% sure....I will be at the farm this weekend and can check it out. I have not drained the hydraulic fluid as I wasn't sure how to as I don't have a service manual.

It is not spin in canister. just checked with NH and it is like suggested by Ray. Filter media #14 appears to be changeable with the rest of canister to remain to be re-used. it appears to be supported by two bolts on either side of the canister and one center bolt where Ray talked about the spring. My manual recommended 300 hrs between hyd oil changes. Look at attachment below for info. I'd probably secure the element before going to the farm with some Ford 134 hyd fluid. Need not to take the any piping like I suggested previously. That was for 1700 that has a suction screen in the diffy housing.

JC,

Attachments

• hyd 1500.pdf
    278.1 KB · Views: 378
   / Hydraulic Screen? #6  
Thanks JC, your diagram was a lot better than the one in the shop manual I have. I only jumped in on this because of the different location of the filter and wanted him to know about it. There are 2 bolts holding the housing on according to your link to the pdf. You are doing an excellent job keeping these guys tractors running. Mine has been doing well through 2 storms dumping 12" of snow each. I am keeping it in the garage for the rest of the winter. I am turning this back over to you now to complete if necessary. Ray

/ Hydraulic Screen? #7  
Thanks JC, your diagram was a lot better than the one in the shop manual I have. I only jumped in on this because of the different location of the filter and wanted him to know about it. There are 2 bolts holding the housing on according to your link to the pdf. You are doing an excellent job keeping these guys tractors running. Mine has been doing well through 2 storms dumping 12" of snow each. I am keeping it in the garage for the rest of the winter. I am turning this back over to you now to complete if necessary. Ray

Howdy Ray,

Boys had several snow days in the last couple of weeks. WE were closed for couple of days and several days stranded at work due to heavy snow load and some minor structural issues. The good thing was there no major fatalities involved with snow other than average and we sure needed to have some moisture in our dry dry ground.

JC,

I ended up cutting and cleaning my neighbors trees that gave out in several location.

DSC02510_zpsc51c06c0.jpg

DSC02512_zpsf5be08d7.jpg

/ Hydraulic Screen?
It is not spin in canister. just checked with NH and it is like suggested by Ray. Filter media #14 appears to be changeable with the rest of canister to remain to be re-used. it appears to be supported by two bolts on either side of the canister and one center bolt where Ray talked about the spring. My manual recommended 300 hrs between hyd oil changes. Look at attachment below for info. I'd probably secure the element before going to the farm with some Ford 134 hyd fluid. Need not to take the any piping like I suggested previously. That was for 1700 that has a suction screen in the diffy housing.

JC,

I don't know if mine is a 1500 or a 1700....Its the SD2200 and everything I have seen correlates to the 1700.

/ Hydraulic Screen? #9  
I don't know if mine is a 1500 or a 1700....Its the SD2200 and everything I have seen correlates to the 1700.

All I said is based on your signature. you can tale close up pic of the sides of the engine and rear of the tractor to see how close it is to either.

You did say that the filter was canister type so that can't be 1700.

JC,

/ Hydraulic Screen? #10  
Well now this is a whole new ball game. A SD2200 is not even a ford, so everything we have said may not even apply. Shibaura Tractor - Shibaura Compact Tractors, Used Compact Tractors, Small Tractor Dealers

It is a 26 HP 3 Cy 2wd. Nothing like a 1500 or even a 1700. If it were similar to a ford it would probably be a 1900. But I am now thinking they are totally different tractors.

Correction: closer to a 1900. A 1900 would also be similar to the 1700 as far as the HYd are concerned.

Last edited: