Oil & Fuel 2000 series tractor carberator loading

/ 2000 series tractor carberator loading #1  

Howard707

Tractor
Ford
I have a 73 Ford 2000 series tractor 3 cyl gas and it has been very well maintained. I replaced the carberator because it had some leaks and it was about 15 yrs old. The old carberator seemed to load when idleing. After replacing it, the new carb. seems to be doing the same thing. It starts quick and runs very well. When idleing, it purrs yet, it still seems to load. It will idle and every minute or so it will idle up a little and every once in a while it back fires or pops. I have not messed with the jets and have tried to find posts relating to this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

/ 2000 series tractor carberator loading #2  
popcorn sound scan be lean. a 'hunting throttle' can also indicate a lean situation.. the engine starts to stall, governor snatches throttle open, increased manifold vacume sucks more fuel thru.. she overrevs.. throttle goes slack from governor, and she dies back down.

I'd check fuel delivery first.

read the plugs too.

if plugs are black and sooty.. yet she acts lean.. check for vacume leaks.. likemanifold / carb gaskets..e tc..e tc.

/ 2000 series tractor carberator loading
Thanks Soundguy, as usual you are right on time again. The vacuum advance vacuum line was the culprit. When I went to check it, I started backing the fitting out and the line was about 50% broke. I got a new piece of line and put it back together. I started the tractor and with a lil distributor adjustment it was purring like a kitten. I bushhogged and tilled a couple of acres and it ran like a top. Thanks again, Howie

/ 2000 series tractor carberator loading #4  
glad you got her fixed...