Pics of my new (to me) 1700 and some questions

/ Pics of my new (to me) 1700 and some questions #162  
Make a spacer for your muffler and use longer bolts. Really not much stress in that area.

/ Pics of my new (to me) 1700 and some questions #163  
PC- I knew you would end up all in on the 1700 !!!! The clean-up,muffler and seat look great, I agree soon you will be afraid to get it dirty..........

From CT !!

/ Pics of my new (to me) 1700 and some questions
Make a spacer for your muffler and use longer bolts. Really not much stress in that area.
How would I go about making a spacer? Would it not need a flange on both ends matching the bolt pattern of the current setup? Seems to me it would be easier to just cut the pipe and weld in an extension, no? I guess no matter what I do, it will end up being a "hack job".

/ Pics of my new (to me) 1700 and some questions
PC- I knew you would end up all in on the 1700 !!!! The clean-up,muffler and seat look great, I agree soon you will be afraid to get it dirty..........

Nah, it's plenty dirty right now actually. You might not be able to tell from the pictures, but you can in person if you look closely enough. :D

/ Pics of my new (to me) 1700 and some questions #166  
How would I go about making a spacer? Would it not need a flange on both ends matching the bolt pattern of the current setup? Seems to me it would be easier to just cut the pipe and weld in an extension, no? I guess no matter what I do, it will end up being a "hack job".

Thick piece of steel, plasma cutter and a drill. I was thinking along the lines of 1/2" or so just to get more clearance to the hood. Getting back the full 2 inches would be a pretty thick spacer. Cutting and welding the pipe would be better for that.

/ Pics of my new (to me) 1700 and some questions #167  
Hi Pete,
Just caught the last of the conversation here, where did you get the seat?
Looks great, my old seat looks like your old one.

Thanks,
Mack

/ Pics of my new (to me) 1700 and some questions #168  
Hi JC,
I was wondering if you could tell me where to get a manual.
I have a shifter leaking from under the boot and was trying to figure out how to stop it.
Any ideas?
Anyone?

Thanks,
Mack

/ Pics of my new (to me) 1700 and some questions #169  
Hi JC,
I was wondering if you could tell me where to get a manual.
I have a shifter leaking from under the boot and was trying to figure out how to stop it.
Any ideas?
Anyone?

Thanks,
Mack

Mack,

what I have is an IT manual , it is FO44 that I bough from TSC I think under $25 many years ago. Augment that with NH website and you'll have 90% of all you need. You need a a new tight booth with fresh rubber. You can buy that from your local NH Dealer. Look at the attachments below that might help you.

JC,

Last edited:
   / Pics of my new (to me) 1700 and some questions #170  

Attachments

• TRANSMISSION CASE & GEAR SHIFT, 1700 & 1900.pdf
    421.8 KB · Views: 173