Tractor
    NH TL70

Default TL 70 Cab lights, weak ground

I have TL 70 with cab, front lights work great, but my rear lights not working. Took and swapped bulbs with front to check bulb and they are fine. Then got tester out and I am only getting 9.8 volts to light. I can go and ground to the frame and it goes to 12. Is there a schematic that would show where to trace my wiring to to fix my ground problem? It is affecting both sides of my rear lights. So I think it may be a connection somewhere. I also thought 9.8 volts would have been enough to at least have dim lights, but nothing at all.

Thanks in advance!

Tractor
    New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Ferguson TO-30

Default Re: TL 70 Cab lights, weak ground

Quote Originally Posted by robdogtn View Post
    I have TL 70 with cab, front lights work great, but my rear lights not working. Took and swapped bulbs with front to check bulb and they are fine. Then got tester out and I am only getting 9.8 volts to light. I can go and ground to the frame and it goes to 12. Is there a schematic that would show where to trace my wiring to to fix my ground problem? It is affecting both sides of my rear lights. So I think it may be a connection somewhere. I also thought 9.8 volts would have been enough to at least have dim lights, but nothing at all.

Thanks in advance!
    Check the battery ground first. otherwise you'll need a wiring diagram to see if the lighting circuit has some special groundig point. Usually, lights are grounded through the light fixture mount.