How to operate and fix a Ford 3000 Tractor

/ How to operate and fix a Ford 3000 Tractor #1  

georgeodell

Tractor
ford 3000
I own a ford 3000 tractor with a front end loader. I bought the tractor about a year ago. I had some repairs made two new injectors new hitch pins and drained and cleaned the filtered in rear end. I also put a new starter on it. The tractor starts good and runs strong. I damaged the power steering box unloading poles from a trailer one hit a front tire. I have purchased a new unit and both steering cylinders just have not put them on yet. I am going to rebuild the front spindles when I do. I feel I can do these repairs myself. The lift leaks down so needs rebuild but do not know how hard this would be if anyone had rebuild one and advise would be of help.
Operation of tractor I am still learning I have a bushhog, disk, set of two bottom plows and post hole diggers. I plowed a small garden spot and kept leaving strips where the plows would skip so have to work on skills.

Georgeodell

/ How to operate and fix a Ford 3000 Tractor #2  
Welcome George to TractorByNet. :tractor: Alot of repairs can be done by yourself if your good with tools and have the right tools to do the job. Your question will get a better response if posted in the forum link. Take care and good luck with your repairs. -robert

Ford/New Holland Owning/Operating

/ How to operate and fix a Ford 3000 Tractor #3  
Welcome. :)

/ How to operate and fix a Ford 3000 Tractor #4  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

I moved your thread to the Ford/New Holland Owning & Operating forum. :)

/ How to operate and fix a Ford 3000 Tractor #6  
if you have the skills to rebuild youe\r front spindles and swap in a power steering system, you will be fine on the 3pt.

bsically you will be pulling the top cover after disconnection the upper lift arms fromt he lift links, rocker..e tc.

you will want an oring kit from CNH.. there will be oring sunder a small cover ( or remote valve ) ont he top cover.. there will be a cyl block under the cover.. about a bajillion orings there too. ;)

the lift piston will want a new oring and backup washer very likely.

if the bore is scratched.. use a brake hone on it and clean it up some.. then wash all the aprts in mineral spirits and reassemble. refer to your service manual and use the alternate adjust ment section to adjust the linkages not using the nuday tools. it should be functionally similar in time and prep as the 00/01 series I work on. about same weight too. figure 3-4 hours on average. maybee less if you are a big strong guy with good back and are a bang up mechanic.. or a lil more if you take your time... etc.

top cover kit for an 00/01 is about 15$.. can't imagine it's too much more for a 3000 I don't recall it being scarry when i worked on my 4600 a couple years ago.. and that was a lil different cover than I am used to working on...