Rubber grommet on Oil Disptick

/ Rubber grommet on Oil Disptick #1  

jtaubrey

Tractor
Kubota L2250
Over the weekend the Rubber grommet that holds my oil dipstick in finally flaked off and fell in the case..I am not so worried about that but I need another dipstick. I had to rig it up to finish plowing this weekend but would like to buy another dipstick. Any good place to buy one?

/ Rubber grommet on Oil Disptick #2  
For your 1500 I'm assuming?
I priced one out for my 1700 on Messick's web-site and it was right around $10.
X'd my fingers and stopped by the local New Holland dealer and it was actually 18 cents cheaper !!!
Had to order it, but it shipped with their weekly parts order, so no shipping cost on it.

/ Rubber grommet on Oil Disptick
Thanks for the replies...I ended up ordering one from a local New Holland dealer for $14. They got it in 2 days later.

/ Rubber grommet on Oil Disptick #4  
I'd hold on to my the old one for a size comparison before pitching it.

JC,

/ Rubber grommet on Oil Disptick
I'd hold on to my the old one for a size comparison before pitching it.

JC,

Yes sir, for sure. My only concern is the rubber grommet that fell into the oil pan....I think it is too big to come out drain hole so I am not sure how to get it out, or if I should even be worried about it.

/ Rubber grommet on Oil Disptick #6  
Yes sir, for sure. My only concern is the rubber grommet that fell into the oil pan....I think it is too big to come out drain hole so I am not sure how to get it out, or if I should even be worried about it.

I would not worry about it much. It was crumbly enough and whatever gets in to crankcase get chewed up here and there and might come up of with the oil, probably in small unrecognized pieces. The pan can be dropped for retrieval but it is way too much work. I don't think it can be sucked up thru the oil screen.

JC,

Looking up with the pan removed. The screen is the oil pump intake out of crankcase. The openings are the two cylinder walls for 1700.

103_5387_zps500f9b35.jpg