my newly purchased TC30 wants to die, hard to start.

/ my newly purchased TC30 wants to die, hard to start.
Still no luck figuring it out. The injection pump has a pentagon shaped nut that I don't have tools to get off. I guess they don't want you opening that up. I think I'll take the injectors out and hook them back up to the lines and see if there is diesel coming through them when I crank the engine. Pretty sure there isn't cause I get no smoke out of the exhaust. It must be either bad injectors or a bad fuel pump (not enough fuel pressure). ANybody know what the fuel pressure should be or how I can check it? If the fuel pressure is good then it has to be bad injectors. At this point I'm hoping it's injectors. But dang they are expensive.

/ my newly purchased TC30 wants to die, hard to start. #22  
-bleed the injectors again. First time I did it there was fuel coming out and that seemed good. It wasn't. 2nd time I did it there was a good strong stream of diesel fluid squirting out for each injector as I did it. It started right up after that.=Open that screw right up and let the diesel fuel just shoot out.
good luck.

/ my newly purchased TC30 wants to die, hard to start. #23  
Is there any evidence that someone played with the injector pump? No, your injectors aren't bad (I doubt that). For giggles I wonder if your tractor has a fuel lift pump between the tank and the fuel filter housing? If it does, does the pump work? If it doesn't have a lift pump, you could add one and give fuel pressure to the injector pump and see what happens. Also put a double dose of Power Service in your fuel tank. Check if you are getting good diesel flow from your fuel tank, maybe there is dirt in it and it stirs up when it gets used and plugs up when not. Here you got something to chew on for a while! ;) To me you have fuel starvation issue some how, let it either be air some were or dirt plugged something.

/ my newly purchased TC30 wants to die, hard to start. #24  
A simple way to check the glow plugs is to simply jump a wire from the pos. bat terminal to the glow plug rail. Do this when the motor is cold. Hold the wire to the rail only for about 10 seconds then try to start it immediately. You should be able to touch anywhere on the rail as it runs to all the glow plugs. If it fires right up, the problem is in the glow plug circuit not the fuel.

As for the "bogging down" problem, have you checked you hydraulic filters? The problem could be hydraulic, not fuel.

/ my newly purchased TC30 wants to die, hard to start. #25  
had to reread this thread. Did you change that bad glow plug out yet? That causes hard starting for sure.

/ my newly purchased TC30 wants to die, hard to start.
I'm still waiting on the glow plug. I haven't touched the tractor for a few days. I will let you know when I find the problem. Probably going to end up taking it to the dealer or call a tractor repair man. I'm very confident the glow plug thing is a separate issue. I'm definitely not getting enough fuel through the injectors because I get absolutely zero smoke out the exhaust when I'm cranking it to start. I'm going to try hooking up the fuel lines backwards with the injectors attached to get a better idea. I took off the fuel lines and when I crank the engine diesel shoots out about ten feet out of the holes up into the air. I'm thinking I have a bad connection with the fuel lines maybe. I'm getting air in there somewhere and don't have enough pressure to push it through the injectors, or my fuel pump is just bad and will squirt diesel but not hold pressure? Anybody know what the pressure ought to be between the injection pump and the injectors and if it is possible to attach a gauge in place of the injector to check it?

/ my newly purchased TC30 wants to die, hard to start. #27  
If you had a bad conection at the fuel lines it would leak. I still think youy have air traped in the pump. These tractors can be a nightmare to get started if they are not bled properly. Are you bleeding the pump and then the lines.
Bill

/ my newly purchased TC30 wants to die, hard to start. #28  
I'm still waiting on the glow plug. I haven't touched the tractor for a few days. I will let you know when I find the problem. Probably going to end up taking it to the dealer or call a tractor repair man. I'm very confident the glow plug thing is a separate issue. I'm definitely not getting enough fuel through the injectors because I get absolutely zero smoke out the exhaust when I'm cranking it to start. I'm going to try hooking up the fuel lines backwards with the injectors attached to get a better idea. I took off the fuel lines and when I crank the engine diesel shoots out about ten feet out of the holes up into the air. I'm thinking I have a bad connection with the fuel lines maybe. I'm getting air in there somewhere and don't have enough pressure to push it through the injectors, or my fuel pump is just bad and will squirt diesel but not hold pressure? Anybody know what the pressure ought to be between the injection pump and the injectors and if it is possible to attach a gauge in place of the injector to check it?

My tractor doesn't smoke either when I start it. Doesn't mean you aren't getting enough fuel... you can't measure it like that. Can you make maybe a video what your tractor does or doesn't do and upload it on youtube to better get a feel if it is a fuel starvation or electrical.

/ my newly purchased TC30 wants to die, hard to start. #29  
This is a longshot but I had a similar tractor that required oil to be added to the injector pump when the engine oil was changed, there is an 11/16" bolt head on the top of the injector pump that you remove to add oil. When you remove this small bolt there is a thin metal washer underneath that is easy to lose but appears important enough that the owner's manual said to not lose it. I always wondered what would happen if the bolt were replaced without that washer.

Anyway, get an 11/16" wrench and if there is a nut on top of the injector pump for oil to be added (see owner's manual) and there is no washer, it's worth a thought.

/ my newly purchased TC30 wants to die, hard to start. #30  
Any luck on getting it running? I always figure other people's solutions are going to be my solutions some day! Best of luck to you!