New Holland TN70 2002 year

/ New Holland TN70 2002 year #1  

fieldman12

Gold Member
Tractor
2001 New Holland TN70,2003 John Deere 250 Series II skidsteer,1987 John Deere 2155,2013 John Deere 5055E MFWD,2007 Duramax 4x4 truck, 1973 MF 165,Artic Cat 550 Cougar sled
Can anyone tell me how much to adjust the clutch pedel on a TN70 with the mechanical Shuttle forward/reverse with the non syncronized A/B 8x8 transmission. I am just wanting to check it.

/ New Holland TN70 2002 year #2  
I can check tomorrow or the next and let you know.

/ New Holland TN70 2002 year #3  
Here is the adjustment for the main clutch and the pto clutch. TN clutch.jpg

/ New Holland TN70 2002 year
Thanks for the information. So since this only adjust the pedal I assume the clutch is self adjusting?

/ New Holland TN70 2002 year #5  
There is no real adjustment on the transmission portion of the clutch. All the cable adjustment does is raise/lower the pedal height. The throwout bearing on these tractors is contstant running and there is no freeplay.

/ New Holland TN70 2002 year #6  
Fieldman12, the clutch linkage is still a manual style, just like that with linkage, so no, it is not self adjusting. This adjustment simply assures freeplay (no pressure but the pedal on the throw out bearing) and proper pedal travel so that the clutch disengages and engages properly. The cable is good for about 3500-6500 hours before it breaks and needs to be replaced.
The PTO adjustment copied over, but I now see it is not showing up. I will edit and add.

/ New Holland TN70 2002 year #7  
Fieldman12, the clutch linkage is still a manual style, just like that with linkage, so no, it is not self adjusting. This adjustment simply assures freeplay (no pressure but the pedal on the throw out bearing) and proper pedal travel so that the clutch disengages and engages properly. .

There is no pedal freeplay or freeplay adjustment. Harry has it right. The release bearing runs against the clutch fingers constantly regardless of pedal height. Different than what most of us are used to, but common on European designed tractors going back to the Doncaster (England) IH utility tractors. Possibly a design developed by the Luk clutch people. Pedal height is the only external adjustment.

/ New Holland TN70 2002 year #8  
Here is the PTO adjustment procedure. TN clutch0002.jpg