changing hyd fluid

/ changing hyd fluid #1  

sam5570

Veteran Member
Tractor
new holland tn70
i'm going to change the hyd fluid in my tn 70 and was just wondering if there is anything special i need to do as i change it?

/ changing hyd fluid #2  
I just ran my tractor for a while to get the oil hot so it flowed easily and then opened the drains and let it drain. Took off the filter after draining and replaced that, then buttoned everything back up and refilled with universal hydraulic fluid meeting the OEM spec. Not much else can be done with the hydraulic reservoir. Biggest thing is getting a container large enough to hold all the oil without spilling several gallons.

/ changing hyd fluid
thanks Gary and yeah mine holds 11.4 gallon's i got to get a couple 5 gallon buckets and drain pan for that

/ changing hyd fluid #4  
There are two filters on my HST tractor; the hydraulic oil filter and an HST filter.

/ changing hyd fluid #5  
I a little over 1/3 off the bottom of a 30 gallon barrel. It fits under the tractor and holds all the oil in one shot.

/ changing hyd fluid
I a little over 1/3 off the bottom of a 30 gallon barrel. It fits under the tractor and holds all the oil in one shot.

wouldn't you know it i just throwed away 3 - 55 gallon drum's i could have cut one and made me a drain pan for tractor. good ideal kco i get rid of stuff to quick but i think i know where i can get one.

/ changing hyd fluid #7  
Just a thought, this is the one time to change any leaking seals on the lift arms (on my list when I change the hyd oil).