Dirt Moving What size box blade/scraper for TC25D

/ What size box blade/scraper for TC25D #1  

MikefromMI

Silver Member
Tractor
TC25D
Hey fellas,
I‘ve moved to a new home where I'm on a private road and a long drive. I'm going to have to pick up a box blade. What's the biggest this thing will handle with the fel on it? Thx ahead, mike

/ What size box blade/scraper for TC25D #2  
Look for one that covers your wheel width. I have a 5' which covers my tracks and when it's full, it can affect my traction.

/ What size box blade/scraper for TC25D
That's what I'd like to do, Larry. Just was sure if a 5er would stop her dead in her tracks. I'll have the FEL for some weight. I feel the 800$ more for the 33 everytime I get in this situation....:( Unfortunately I was already stepping from class 1 to 2. Now I wish 3.....lol

/ What size box blade/scraper for TC25D #4  
I have a TC25 and recently borrowed a friends 7 foot king box blade. Without a FEL it was all it could handle and when cutting it would stop me in my tracks easily, but I have turf tires which are not filled . On the front I have about 100 lbs of weights, no wheel weights front or back. I think a 6 footer would suit me better if I was to buy one. It would cover my tread width plus a bit and not weigh as much.

I have a related question to this subject. My top link seems to be too long, even when shortened up to minimum. Does a tractor this size use a top link which is shorter than the standard Cat 1 top link? With the top link at its shortest I can not roll the BB very far forward to get the rippers to dig in more than about 3 inches w/o the cutting edge contacting the ground. It seems it should roll forward more than this.

/ What size box blade/scraper for TC25D #5  
Mike, sometimes slow and steady wins in the end. If I break traction, I just raise the box a bit and move the load where I want it and go back for more.

Bob, you could get a shorter link but 3" is pretty good, that'll put some dirt in the box.

/ What size box blade/scraper for TC25D #6  
I pull a 5' BB with un-ballasted turfs, a rated 23hp, and HST (4x4). It's so easy to bump into things with stuff wider than track width so I'd match blades, drags, etc to that for best maneuvering. You should have plenty enough power with the 25, just choose the right gear/range. We're not talking 'bulldozer' here so expect some limits to what you can push/pull with the BB under any circumstances. That said, the more you work your drive the easier the going will (should) be. Washouts, if they happen? That's why we have FELs. :)

/ What size box blade/scraper for TC25D
Wow...Good news! sparc, I would have argued you'd have no chance with a 7'. I have loaded R4's on the back. But I don't think it would make all that difference with turf tires. That's just big. My other issue is distance. Maintaining our own road and my drive could be close to a mile. I don't want to in 1st..... Per - TractorData.com New Holland TC25 tractor dimensions information we are at 54.3 in width. With the above info I'm going to shoot for a 60. Fella on CL has one a town over for 600$ If the drag is too much I'll pull a couple tines up. Thanks Fellas.

/ What size box blade/scraper for TC25D #8  
Bob, you could get a shorter link but 3" is pretty good, that'll put some dirt in the box.

Thanks Larry. what I was trying to say is with the top link at its shortest length I can only roll the BB forward enough to get the rippers exposed about 3" lower than the blade, so when I drop the BB with rippers at their lowest setting they only penetrate the ground about 3", after that the blade is cutting into the ground. With the same BB mounted on my olf Ford 2600 and using the same top link I can roll the top of the BB forward so I can get a little deeper with the rippers before the blade contacts the ground.

Yes, I have to go take light cuts. If I were buying a BB for the TC25 alone I don't know if I would get a 7 footer. Since I can borrow this one whenever I need it I may never have one of my own, unless I come across a good deal. This loaner BB is a King Kutter maybe 15 years old and in decent shape.