Ford 1910 - weight for 3 pt. ballast

/ Ford 1910 - weight for 3 pt. ballast #1  

cj7m57

Tractor
Ford 1910 (1983)
Newbie here with a counterweight question, and not able to find an answer using the manuals. I'm going to make a concrete counterweight for loader work, but can't decide what weight I should aim for.

The owner's manual for the 1910 has information on using cast iron wheel weights and loading the tires, but nothing for the 3 point hitch- it just says no more than 264 pounds of wheel weights plus liquid ballast for the rear tires (no more than 75% full). I don't think it has any information on maximum weights for the 3 point hitch.

The manual for the 770B loader suggests use of a combination of wheel weights, liquid ballast and 3 pt hitch counterweights when doing loader work-- "maximum total rear axle weight recommended is 3000 pounds for 1910 tractor model." It also says that effective counterbalance weight of mounted rear equipment equals 1.5 times the weight of the equipment (so 800 pounds real weight is 1200 effective counterbalance weight).

Loader breakout force on the 770B is 2200 and max lift at full height is 1050, so am thinking that 800 pounds of concrete in the rear + 500 pounds liquid ballast would be pretty conservative- would give total counterbalance of (800 x 1.5) + 500 = 1700.

So, my questions are:

1- is the 3,000 pound maximum for the rear axle the maximum including weight of the tractor itself, or does it just mean that liquid ballast + wheel weights + implement/3 pt ballast cannot exceed 3,000?

2- if the 3,000 pound maximum includes tractor weight supported by the rear axle, how do I figure that out without going to truck scales? Overall tractor weight is 2932 (4wd)- is there a rule of thumb for distribution between front and rear axle?

3- Am I ok with 800 pounds of concrete in the rear? Or should I do more or less?

Any help is much appreciated- thanks.

/ Ford 1910 - weight for 3 pt. ballast #2  
I would make that block 1,000 to 1,200 lbs. I have a 4wd 1710. One size smaller than yours. When I got it, it had loaded rear tires. Even with a heavy ballast box, the rear tires would lift up when the front bucket was heaped. I found some OEM cast iron wheel weights, they made a big difference. But the tractor still needs a lot of 3 point weight.

/ Ford 1910 - weight for 3 pt. ballast #3  
I'd also rig it so the weight wasn't always on the lift. Maybe some chains down from the lift knuckle or some such.
Loaded tires don't counterweight near as much as 3-point weight. But then, they don't load the axle either.
Jim